Patient Comments: Urethral Stricture - Symptoms

Please describe the symptoms associated with and complications of your urethral stricture.

Comment from: Wolffie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I have had a problem for a while of urethral stricture where the passage of urine took a very long time, it was only a trickle and when I thought I was finished, it wasn"t. When I stood up I started leaking again. I have now found that the only way I can urinate, is by standing up with a jug between my legs. The urine has a foul smell.

Comment from: Leeann, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I constantly have infections, pain in my bladder, pain in my urethra, and inside my vagina.

Urethral Stricture - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to a diagnosis of a urethral stricture.
Urethral Stricture - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment (medications or surgery) did you receive for your urethral stricture?