Patient Comments: Urethral Stricture - Symptoms

Please describe the symptoms associated with and complications of your urethral stricture.

Comment from: Victorygrl71, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I get bladder infections all the time. My urethra is also narrow. I don't drink water at all. I started drinking water through the night and it seems to have helped a little. I was told I had a urethral stricture and a narrowing of the urethra, in about 1976. My doctor told me that because of the stricture and the narrowing it was easy for bacteria to get into the opening of the bladder and get stuck and because I was always at the beach it was a perfect environment for a bladder infection to grow. I had them once a month, or I remember them that often. I would always get a yeast infection after the bladder infection and also told I should drink water (up to 8 glasses) a day which I could never do for very long. I drank Coca Cola all day.

Comment from: Wolffie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I have had a problem for a while of urethral stricture where the passage of urine took a very long time, it was only a trickle and when I thought I was finished, it wasn"t. When I stood up I started leaking again. I have now found that the only way I can urinate, is by standing up with a jug between my legs. The urine has a foul smell.

Comment from: Leeann, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I constantly have infections, pain in my bladder, pain in my urethra, and inside my vagina.

Urethral Stricture - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to a diagnosis of a urethral stricture.
Urethral Stricture - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment (medications or surgery) did you receive for your urethral stricture?