Patient Comments: Upper Respiratory Infection - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your upper respiratory infection?

Comment from: KayKay, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I have had this URI since the end of February. I have taken 2 different antibiotics. Which neither did anything for me. I have mucus in my chest that I can't seem to cough up and am wheezing. I have never had allergies or asthma but decided to try Zertec. I don't feel any different other than sleepy from the Zertec. I don't have a fever or a sore throat. I'm at a loss! I'm not a smoker either.

Comment from: Momof3, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

My doctor have me Hycodan and an inhaler for my upper respiratory infection. Home remedy was hot tea and lots of rest.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: February 16

Well I am just finishing an antibiotic, which is augmentin for a sinus infection. Now a week later, I'm sneezing, exhausted, and my chest hurts and burns and sore throat drainage. I am drinking plenty of water, and taking my multi vitamin. Also, I take saline nasal spray, and zyrtec for my allergies. I can't believe I got hit with this and am already on a course of medicine. I fell horrible. I am also taking Advil cold and sinus in moderation. I have body aches with this too.

Comment from: JRFrog, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

My symptoms also got worse that it felt like someone was standing on my chest. I went to the doctor after 6 days and gave me a Azithromycin tablets. I think he called it a Z-pack. I am to check back if I don't improve in a few days.

Comment from: azggardner, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

In my experience you can't stop a UR infection. All you can do is treat the symptoms. I used Dayquil, NyQuil, Tylenol, Mucinex, Sudafed and cough drops. Keep in mind what does what. I did not take all of these medications every day. Just the ones I needed to treat my symptoms at the time. I also drank hot tea with honey and tons of orange juice. When I could I rested as much as possible and limited my activities. P.S. You do not need to break the bank for treatment. You can use the generic medication as long as it has the same active ingredients as the name brand ones.

Comment from: Dr.Benjam, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: January 26

Bed rest, fluids, Mucinex, gargling salt water and Aspirin every 4 hours.

Upper Respiratory Infection - Contagious Question: Did you know your upper respiratory infection was contagious?
Upper Respiratory Infection - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your upper respiratory tract infection?
Upper Respiratory Infection - Home Therapies Question: What home remedies were effective in reducing the symptoms of your upper respiratory infection?