Patient Comments: Upper Respiratory Infection - Contagious

Did you know your upper respiratory infection was contagious?

Comment from: RandomGuy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 09

I went to the doctor after feeling weak, coughing, felt pressure all around my head, runny and stuffed up nose. He told me I have an upper respiratory infection and prescribed me some medicine. He also told me it was very contagious and I shouldn't go back to work until the medicine really started to take effect, about a day.

Comment from: Polly, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

It is highly contagious, everyone in my family is sick. We just keep passing it around it seems. I can't get rid of it, does anyone have any help?

Comment from: snothead, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 27

Whatever crud we have is highly rapidly contagious. Spouse brought it home from co-worker who got it from his child who got it from school. I didn't get to be with my terminally ill parent for X-mas because I couldn't risk giving it to them. We had to cancel our vacation that we waited on for a whole year. It hurts rib cage to cough anymore.

Comment from: girlbig, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 24

I went to the doctor and was told I had an upper respiratory infection but he did not tell me I was contagious. It's a good thing I decided not to be around people for a few days. I found out I was contagious once I started checking out your website to get more info on my condition.

Upper Respiratory Infection - Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your upper respiratory infection?
Upper Respiratory Infection - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your upper respiratory tract infection?
Upper Respiratory Infection - Home Therapies Question: What home remedies were effective in reducing the symptoms of your upper respiratory infection?