Ultrasound (and ultrasonography) is imaging of the body used in the medical diagnosis and screening of diseases and conditions such as TIAs, stroke, aneurysm's, heart valve irregularities, carotid artery disease, heart disease, gallstones, kidney stones, liver disease, diseases of the female reproductive and male reproductive organs.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Kidney pain has a variety of causes and symptoms. Infection, injury, trauma, bleeding disorders, and less common conditions may...learn more »
In This Article
Kidney Pain Article
- What are the kidneys?
- Where are the kidneys located?
- What is the function of the kidneys?
- What are the symptoms of kidney pain?
- What are some of the kidney conditions and diseases that cause kidney pain?
- When should I see my doctor about kidney pain?
- What are common tests are available to diagnose kidney diseases?
- How is kidney pain treated?
In This Article
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) Article
- What is a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
- What causes a urinary tract infection?
- What are urinary tract infection symptoms and signs?
- When should people seek medical care for a UTI?
- How do physicians diagnose a urinary tract infection?
- Are there home remedies for a urinary tract infection?
- What is the treatment for a urinary tract infection?
- What follow-up is needed for a urinary tract infection?
- Is it possible to prevent a urinary tract infection?
- What is the prognosis of a urinary tract infection?
Kidney stones are solid masses of crystalline material that form in the kidneys. Symptoms of kidney stones can include pain,...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as gallstones, high cholesterol...learn more »
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...learn more »