What other names is Tyrosine known by?
Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Acétyl-L-Tyrosine, L-Tyrosine, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, N-Acétyl L-Tyrosine, N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, N-Acétyl-Tyrosine, Tirosina, Tyr, Tyrosinum, 2-amino-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)propionic acid.
What is Tyrosine?
Tyrosine is an amino acid. The body makes tyrosine from another amino acid called phenylalanine. It can also be found in dairy products, meats, fish, eggs, nuts, beans, oats, and wheat.
- Treating phenylketonuria (PKU), a condition in which people cannot make tyrosine from phenylalanine.
Possibly Effective for...
- Improving alertness following the loss of sleep.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Treating moderate depression.
- Treating adult attention deficit disorder (ADD).
- Treating childhood attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).