Patient Comments: Typhoid Fever - Symptoms and Signs

What are your typhoid fever symptoms and signs?

Comment from: Cloudlyn, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

I had my first episode of guttate psoriasis two years ago when I turned 20. Initially when I went to the emergency room (ER) I was told I had chicken pox and a form of strep throat. I was prescribed medications to help and was sent home. After about another two weeks my skin was getting worse and worse, and it was now covering most of my legs, butt, back, and arms. So I went back to the ER and they referred me to a specialist and after 5 minutes of looking at my skin, he said I have guttate psoriasis and gave me prednisone, two topical creams and Claritin D. For about three weeks I had to take the medicines every day and rub the lotion on affected areas. It finally started to go away but it took initially 3 months for my skin to appear normal again. Worst time of my life and my doctor has told me it could happen again since I get strep throat and bronchitis so often. But all in all it made me love my skin even more and realize I have to take care of it. Since then I have been eating healthier since I have found it helps and use Aveeno oatmeal body wash which helps with the itchiness and dryness of my skin.

Comment from: Shivamadu, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

I am suffering from typhoid. I have nausea, leg pain. I am taking cefixime and ofloxacin tablets, nimesulide and paracetamol tablets for the past 7 days, but still nausea and leg pain are there.

Comment from: lyn, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

It's almost 1 month already that I had fallen ill with typhoid. Every week 2 to 3 days I had fever. After 3 days my fever is gone and in another week my fever was back. I had cough and body pain especially in my joints, head ache. Sometimes I feel like vomiting and I feel I can't swallow my food.

Comment from: Tommy100, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

I started feeling like something was wrong when my body didn't seem to recover from exercise properly. About 1 month later I got bronchitis. Then 6 weeks after this a bout of typhoid fever, with hot and cold sweats and high temperature that lasted about 10 days (7 in hospital on an IV drip). Now 3 months later my body still aches and I am fatigued (physically and mentally) on a daily basis, though some days I feel better than others. Not knowing what to expect is one of the worst parts of the illness.

Comment from: edo, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I was diagnosed with typhoid fever when I was only 12 years old and this condition has only affected me twice. I thought I was going to die thank goodness I am still here. The fever, the loss of strength and the stomach pain are its worst symptoms. Now every time that eat I think twice, its scary to know that every day can be the day that you will get the symptoms again.

Comment from: naseer abdulraheem, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 26

I feel stomach pain and I always feel hungry.

Comment from: kris, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

It's been just over 3 days with this illness. I went to the hospital for 2 days and my fever dropped. I thought I would be better but now I can't eat and have so much nausea and weakness. I need to take my finals soon too!

Comment from: dessy, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 22

I had typhoid and was unconscious for three days. This has happened twice. I don't want this to happen again.

Typhoid Fever - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with typhoid fever.