Patient Comments: Typhoid Fever - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with typhoid fever.

Comment from: Mrs Agrawal, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

It started with mild fever off and on during the course of the day. Often the rise in temperature would take place in late evening and would go off after some hours, again in the midnight it would hit with severe pain in the forehead part at around 3:00 to 4:00 at night. In the morning I would start feeling better so went for work. During the day I had at times uneasiness, dizziness, nausea, and mild fever. I took antibiotics but it didn't work and fever became recurrent. I did blood test for MP (metabolic panel) and Widal and was diagnosed with typhoid after suffering for one month. I was treated and I got rid of the disease and now after about 11 months I have been again diagnosed with the disease.

Comment from: G kaler, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I had a typhoid fever attack this New Year when I was busy shopping for my marriage. One day I felt hot flushes, my energy dropped, and I was feeling so tired. My uncle who is a doctor prescribed some blood tests. My blood reports showed that I was suffering from typhoid, then my uncle prescribed me some antibiotics for 7 days. On the day of my marriage I had 100 degrees fever. And now after six months it has come back and again I'm on antibiotics. I can't take my daily meal properly, I feel nausea and have bladder disturbance also. Really, this typhoid freaked me out.

Comment from: Jazzie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I also suffered from typhoid fever. I just got out of the hospital where I was treated. This is the 5th time that I was diagnosed with this disease. First week symptoms are headache, lethargy, blurred vision, nausea, and muscle pains. I could not stand for two days and my head hurt like hell. I had no fever so I never suspected it was typhoid again. I am already a carrier of this disease so I'm really careful with my ways not to infect others. This disease had evolved and no fever had been involved in my case but I felt feverish. Body temperature ranges from 35 to 36.8 degree Celsius.

Comment from: geovanni11, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

This was really weird. I felt odd for about two months before I went in for blood tests. I felt bouts of dizziness and some random low grade headaches. I was freaking out because I had no idea what I had, doctors told me it was sinuses or allergies. I was first diagnosed with strep and was given antibiotics for 10 days, which somewhat helped but I developed new symptoms after I was done taking those antibiotics. I developed strange body pains, especially lower back and thighs. I went in for a blood test and tested positive for typhoid and paratyphoid fever. Strange thing though, I didn't have fever, but had occasional nausea and fatigue. I had it when I was 8 so I guess I am a carrier and happened to have mild symptoms again at 22. I'm on ciprofloxacin for 20 days 1 gm a day. Good luck to all suffering from typhoid fever!

Comment from: PPT, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I had typhoid fever on September 8. I have got treatment for 12 days, and after 15 days we did Widal test. The range is positive (H 320, O 320, AH 180, and BH 180). The doctor prescribed treatment for 19 days with medicine (azithromycin and cefixime), but after 12 days I got tired, but body temperature is normal (below range in thermometer).

Comment from: Salam, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

I was having floaters in eyes suddenly, I realized that typhoid also can cause floaters in eyes. If someone has sudden floaters check for typhoid immediately.

Comment from: balkunwar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I am having typhoid fever sometime for 2 hours or more than 2 hours, about 5 to 6 hours for a long time, about 4 years. I also have pain in my back.

Typhoid Fever - Symptoms and Signs Question: What are your typhoid fever symptoms and signs?