Patient Comments: Turner Syndrome - Diagnosis

How was your Turner syndrome diagnosed?

Comment from: April, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I was diagnosed with Turner syndrome when I was 18. I am now nearly 64. Mum kept telling the general physician but he just kept saying she is fine, she is only small. Eventually, I was in hospital with psoriasis and mum told the doctor, who arranged all the necessary tests. I was devastated. At that time there was nothing they could do. I believe there is a lot more they can do now but all those years ago there wasn't. However, I'm ok and living life.

Comment from: D, mcr, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

My Turner syndrome was diagnosed at the age of 8 back in 1979. Mum noticed I was not growing like my brother was and I was hospitalized overnight and had blood tests, etc., through the night. My pet rabbit died while I was away and was more upset at that than the diagnosis, they told me they didn't know how tall I would grow. I went every 6 months, then every year. I never had any growth hormone as back in the day it was not an option. I had normal periods from the age of eleven, and still having them.

Comment from: monik, Published: May 24

I have night sweat and it happens when I wake up during the night (after I am awake they start and then I feel cold).

Comment from: dn, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been experiencing vertigo off on and on for years. Mostly after a chiropractic adjustment, which only makes it worse. Horrible dizziness where I cannot tell which way is up or down. I wake up extremely dizzy with nausea and cannot deal with any motion. Here's where my life totally changed. I went to a wellness center and just mentioned that I had vertigo and the owner told me that I had my C1 and C3 out. I was skeptical, and she suggested I see the massage therapist, where he does not do any sharp movements and no hard popping like a traditional chiropractor. So I went to him and got some relief. But it soon returned. In trying to find a solution to this debilitating feeling of dizziness and nausea I found the most amazing chiropractic office. Certainly I was skeptical. First thing they did was a series of tests; x-rays, strength tests, they put me on two scales, one for my right and left foot, amazingly enough one side weighed 20 lb more! That means I was putting more weight on one side than the other. So after all diagnostic tests were done. I went home. Next appointment, the chiropractor only did very small adjustments to my C1 and C3 which were so maladjusted I'm surprised I can stand at all. The following morning I expected to wake up and feel like I always felt, dizzy, nauseous, etc. Not! I feel so amazing! My C1 and C3 were so far out of adjustment it was causing me all kinds of problems. If you are having issues with vertigo, find a chiropractor that specializes in upper cervical pain or symptoms of vertigo. The chiropractor should do x-rays in order to find the bones that are out of place. I am a new man as a result of finally getting this discovered and corrected, for the first time in 10 years!

Comment from: PixLPixie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

Well, I had the split preparation and then a colonoscopy. The preparation was not bad at all, not bad tasting at all; the Gatorade and Pedialyte tasted worse, too sweet. I was totally clear at the end of it. I slept as soon as the drugs went in, Fentanyl and Versed, then lucky enough to wake up to watch the screen and see the labyrinth that is my large bowel. Great. Then back to sleep. I just have to say that this test is so important. Don't be put off by the fear of preparation that may taste bad or opinions of others; form your own opinion.

Turner Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were symptoms associated with Turner syndrome in you or someone you know?
Turner Syndrome - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment have you or a relative received for Turner syndrome?