Patient Comments: Turner Syndrome - Diagnosis

How was your Turner syndrome diagnosed?

Comment from: monik, Published: May 24

I have night sweat and it happens when I wake up during the night (after I am awake they start and then I feel cold).

Comment from: dn, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been experiencing vertigo off on and on for years. Mostly after a chiropractic adjustment, which only makes it worse. Horrible dizziness where I cannot tell which way is up or down. I wake up extremely dizzy with nausea and cannot deal with any motion. Here's where my life totally changed. I went to a wellness center and just mentioned that I had vertigo and the owner told me that I had my C1 and C3 out. I was skeptical, and she suggested I see the massage therapist, where he does not do any sharp movements and no hard popping like a traditional chiropractor. So I went to him and got some relief. But it soon returned. In trying to find a solution to this debilitating feeling of dizziness and nausea I found the most amazing chiropractic office. Certainly I was skeptical. First thing they did was a series of tests; x-rays, strength tests, they put me on two scales, one for my right and left foot, amazingly enough one side weighed 20 lb more! That means I was putting more weight on one side than the other. So after all diagnostic tests were done. I went home. Next appointment, the chiropractor only did very small adjustments to my C1 and C3 which were so maladjusted I'm surprised I can stand at all. The following morning I expected to wake up and feel like I always felt, dizzy, nauseous, etc. Not! I feel so amazing! My C1 and C3 were so far out of adjustment it was causing me all kinds of problems. If you are having issues with vertigo, find a chiropractor that specializes in upper cervical pain or symptoms of vertigo. The chiropractor should do x-rays in order to find the bones that are out of place. I am a new man as a result of finally getting this discovered and corrected, for the first time in 10 years!

Comment from: PixLPixie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

Well, I had the split preparation and then a colonoscopy. The preparation was not bad at all, not bad tasting at all; the Gatorade and Pedialyte tasted worse, too sweet. I was totally clear at the end of it. I slept as soon as the drugs went in, Fentanyl and Versed, then lucky enough to wake up to watch the screen and see the labyrinth that is my large bowel. Great. Then back to sleep. I just have to say that this test is so important. Don't be put off by the fear of preparation that may taste bad or opinions of others; form your own opinion.

Comment from: Schwab, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

At 15, I always talked to my parents how weird I felt because I didn't get my period like all my girlfriends and I was really short. My parents decided to take me to an endocrinologist just to check and try to see what was going on. After a lot of tests I was diagnosed with Turner syndrome.

Comment from: CS, Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I was sitting on the backs of my legs/ankles on the floor wrapping Christmas ornaments for about 40 minutes. When I tried to stand up, I couldn't put any weight on my right leg and I couldn't bend or straighten it either. It was almost two days before I could put any weight on it.

Comment from: pieterse, 7-12 (Caregiver) Published: June 28

I use paint thinners on my tooth when I have toothache. It sounds crazy but I had enough pain. So yes, the onion works also, and shoe polish also works, but the thinners burns your mouth but it numbs your mouth. And Grandpa powder also works.

Comment from: Tonya, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 22

My daughter was diagnosed with Turner syndrome at birth. She had lymphedema in her hands and feet, partial cleft palate, broad chest with wide set nipples, and extra skin on the back of her neck, along with a heart murmur. She was later diagnosed being monosomy X karyotype. She is 7 now and very outgoing. She has a rare condition with her heart that we found about when she was days old. Just a few months ago we found out that it may be affecting her. The doctor told us that it will around the age of 5 or 6. She actually has hyperthyroid, so she never stops. She gains no weight but eats constantly due to her thyroid. I tried her on growth hormones injection when she was about 4 but it was stopped about 3 months later. She hated them so much. She"s about a foot smaller than kids her age. But I guarantee you she is stronger than all of them.

Turner Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were symptoms associated with Turner syndrome in you or someone you know?
Turner Syndrome - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment have you or a relative received for Turner syndrome?