Patient Comments: Turner Syndrome - Treatment

What kinds of treatment have you or a relative received for Turner syndrome?

Comment from: Tamara Schwab, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was diagnosed with Turner syndrome when I was 15 and started growth hormone daily shots right away. At 17 I started with estrogen and eventually progesterone. Slowly I stopped taking the growth shots when the doctor told me to. Right now it has been two years in estrogen and one in progesterone and my period started about nine months or so ago.

Comment from: tclongino, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I was diagnosed with Turner syndrome at age 4. I started on estrogen and progesterone at 14. I have had 3 strokes, at age 13, age 48, and age 50. I am a registered nurse who worked for about 27 years. I retired after my second stroke. After my third stroke, I became a nursing home resident. I am now 55 and have had a good life. I was married for almost 18 years until my husband passed away. Life is what you make of it.

Comment from: Ozzie2014, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I was diagnosed at the age of 11 years old and doctors told me I would not be able to have kids and would be under or would grow no more than 4 ft. tall. I am 4"2 inches tall but I don"t have too many abnormalities, my right arm does have a slight curve at the elbow. I never menstruated ever but get hot flashes. My hands and feet are not swollen but I have had my left eye operated and tinsel taken out, recently I had triple heart bypass. My kidneys have been giving me problems but avoided dialysis. I was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 32 years. Right now I have chronic pancreatitis due to alcohol abuse and that"s my story I am glad to share.

Turner Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: How was your Turner syndrome diagnosed?
Turner Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were symptoms associated with Turner syndrome in you or someone you know?