Patient Comments: Turner Syndrome - Symptoms

What were symptoms associated with Turner syndrome in you or someone you know?

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I was born in 1948 when very little was known about Turner syndrome. As a baby and a toddler I was perfectly normal although I was always getting painful ear infections. As I grew older I was not growing as I should but the doctors kept telling my mother not to worry that I will grow. I was not diagnosed with Turner until I was 12 and my primary care physician noticed I was not developing normally. He referred me to a wonderful endocrinologist who diagnosed the problem immediately and put me on estrogen and progesterone. Shortly after beginning treatment I began growing and developing and am a normally developed woman though just 5 foot tall.

Turner Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: How was your Turner syndrome diagnosed?
Turner Syndrome - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment have you or a relative received for Turner syndrome?