Tummy Tuck ( Abdominoplasty) Index
This surgical procedure involves the removal of excess fat and skin from the abdomen. A tummy tuck also involves tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall. Complications and side effects of the procedure include pain, swelling, numbness, bruising, and tiredness. Potential side effects include infection, bleeding, blood clots, insufficient healing, and scarring.
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been
considered to be obese if they are...learn more »
In This Article
- Obesity facts
- What is obesity?
- How common is obesity?
- What are the health risks associated with obesity?
- What causes obesity?
- What are other factors associated with obesity?
- How is body fat measured?
- What about weight-for-height tables?
- What is the body mass index (BMI)?
- Does it matter where body fat is located?
- What can be done about obesity?
- What is the role of physical activity and exercise in obesity?
- What is the role of diet in the treatment of obesity?
- What is the role of medication in the treatment of obesity?
- What about herbal fen/phen?
- What about meal substitutes, artificial sweeteners, and OTC products?
- What is the role of surgery in the treatment of obesity?
- How can patients choose a safe and successful weight-loss program?
In This Article
Malignant Hyperthermia Article
- Malignant hyperthermia facts*
- What is malignant hyperthermia?
- How common is
- What genes are
related to malignant hyperthermia?
- How do people
inherit malignant hyperthermia?
- Where can I find information about diagnosis,
management, or treatment of malignant hyperthermia?
- What other names do people use for malignant hyperthermia?