Patient Comments: Tuberculosis Skin Test - Symptoms

Question:What were the symptoms and signs of your tuberculosis infection?

Comment from: Donna M., 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 23

My TB test is positive, with an induration of 6mm x 5mm. I have had genital Herpes since 1984, am 54 years old, and have never had a positive test before. I have not had a current rash or outbreak of herpes for about 4 months. I work in the medical field, and could have been exposed in the past 3 months without knowing it by residential psychiatric patients.

Comment from: just curious, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 30

I would like to know if it's ok for health care workers to use an insulin syringe to give a PPD injection to an adult. We don't have tuberculin syringes where I work. And I was told tuberculin syringes were unavailable at my place of work, but I know other facilities have them.

Comment from: Bitsy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

A raised red area looking like a mosquito bite about 10 cm.

Comment from: Birdgirl, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: November 05

I have always believed that if you have a positive reaction to a PPD, and disease is ruled out, that you should not have the test again in subsequent years (since it will always be positive). Is this still the case? What would be the benefit of repeating the test in later years if you know the result will be positive?