Patient Comments: Trigger Point Injection - Side Effects

What side effects did you experience with your trigger point injection?

Comment from: Maggie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I had trigger point injections using Botox into the muscles on my left shoulder. The pain afterwards was pretty mean. I felt as if the muscles were "mad", for about two weeks. Afterwards, the knotted feeling and the muscle cramps were nearly gone.

Comment from: Pam, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I have extreme pain for two days after the trigger point injections. Then the pain is relieved for months. This is why I wait until I can"t stand the daily pain until I go in to treatment because I am even worse for two days. I feel like I"ve been in a car accident.

Trigger Point Injection - Frequency Question: How frequently do you receive trigger point injections?