Patient Comments: Trigger Finger - Treatments

What types of treatment, including medication or injections, did you receive for your trigger finger?

Comment from: AAA, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I had symptoms typical of trigger finger. Having discussed with the surgeon I opted for injection therapy. This was carried out with good effect. I had good relief of symptoms for upward of five months and now the symptoms have recurred. Now I'm thinking of going for the permanent surgical treatment.

Comment from: Lina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

My diagnosed trigger finger started very early in the mornings. I would feel pain when trying to open and close my hands. I would also feel a feeling as if my hand was asleep. The pain and numbness would jump from hand to hand. One of my fingers locked and I had it, so I went to my doctor and was given a shot. This was a week ago, now my pinkies are snapping and my hands still feel the pain; especially in the mornings, and I have no strength.

Comment from: itsMe, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had two surgeries, my left and right thumb, trying to see if it will reoccur. The second surgery doesn't seem like it is too good, but it's only been two weeks.

Comment from: Shrimp, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I had physiotherapy which included massaging Voltarin into the tendon twice a day and ice treatment on the tendon three times a day. I replaced all the narrow kitchen implements with larger handles. After 3 weeks of Valtarin, I stopped this massage but continued with the ice as often as I could. I have had no recurrence of the locking in three months, but if I feel any stiffness, I just use ice. So far, so good.

Comment from: cattoy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I've only had this problem for about a month and it has gone from annoying to painful. Now it's stuck. Yesterday I had an injection and it is worse. My doctor's office is closed today. The doctor did tell me that the injection would not cure it; just bring temporary relief. He said surgery would be needed, most likely.

Comment from: kershena, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 02

I have trigger finger in both hands. I have taken injections, but they no longer work. I had three injections in my right hand. I was told by the doctor that I need to have surgery in both hands.

Trigger Finger - Symptoms Question: What does a trigger finger feel like? Describe your symptoms associated with the condition.