Patient Comments: Trichomoniasis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your trichomoniasis?

Comment from: Kaye, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I found out today I have trichomoniasis. I haven't had sex with anyone for many years. My symptom was pain in the abdomen and I have a bladder infection. But, I have no idea how I got this thing.

Comment from: sophia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

Symptoms of trichomoniasis started after intercourse, with a wet watery feeling that would not go away.

Comment from: rosa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

It burns while having sex with my partner and the burning continues.

Comment from: queen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

My symptoms started with a strong foul odor then I had a yellow greenish discharge that would not go away. I would itch and burn so badly.

Comment from: Yolanda, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

I had an fishy/ammonia like odor to my vagina. I also had a grayish-yellowish discharge. I thought my urine was cloudy, but it was the discharge in the toilet. I got treated with metronidazole for my trichomoniasis.

Comment from: stunny, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 29

My trichomoniasis symptoms started with vaginal itching for three days and slight yellow discharge and a foul odor.

Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Transmission Question: Please share how you contracted your trich infection.
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Causes Question: What caused your trichomoniasis infection and risk during pregnancy?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of a trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, did you receive for your trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Telling Your Partner Question: If you were diagnosed with a trich infection, please share how you told your partner.