Patient Comments: Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Diagnosis

What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of a trich infection?

Comment from: soli, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I had a Pap done July 2013 by my obstetrician, no symptoms and nothing came up. I got back with my boyfriend and father of my son in August 2013 (we separated before I had found out about the pregnancy in April 2013). In January 2014 I went in for my 6 week postpartum checkup. I didn't know I was having symptoms (discharge, itchiness, etc.) due to the postpartum recovery process, until I got the call from my obstetrician telling me I had trich.

Comment from: nicky, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I was informed by my obstetrician-gynecologist yesterday that I had trichomoniasis after a PAP test I had over a month ago. On the last PAP I had it showed no signs of any problems.

Trichomoniasis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your trichomoniasis?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Transmission Question: Please share how you contracted your trich infection.
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Causes Question: What caused your trichomoniasis infection and risk during pregnancy?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, did you receive for your trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Telling Your Partner Question: If you were diagnosed with a trich infection, please share how you told your partner.