Patient Comments: Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Causes

What caused your trichomoniasis infection and risk during pregnancy?

Comment from: RHONDA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

I found out about my trichomoniasis infection on my 2nd visit to the hospital with abdominal pain. The first visit was a CAT scan, and they found nothing. The next day my husband and I were having sex, and it hurt. When we were through and I wiped, it was like pus. Later that night I woke up hurting again, this time they did a pelvic exam and diagnosed it. Married almost 32 years. Filed for divorce 10-09-2014.

Comment from: missmrs, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

I had sex with a friend who I know sleeps with multiple women and got trichomoniasis infection. Silly of me.

Comment from: sophia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

With me I believe the trichomoniasis infection was caused by allowing him to rub up on my vagina before intercourse without having condom on; not good.

Trichomoniasis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your trichomoniasis?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Transmission Question: Please share how you contracted your trich infection.
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of a trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, did you receive for your trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Telling Your Partner Question: If you were diagnosed with a trich infection, please share how you told your partner.