Patient Comments: Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Causes

What caused your trichomoniasis infection and risk during pregnancy?

Comment from: Faithful, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I thought of going to my grave with this but after the last few weeks I just wanted to put this information out before others get divorced or leave a relationship unnecessarily. I was diagnosed with trichomoniasis several weeks ago during a routine Pap. I've been married for over 11 years but I immediately knew that there was a problem either with the test or the information that is being put out regarding this STD. I told my husband who was immediately tested as well. His test was negative. I have never cheated on my husband. After long conversations with the doctor and the nurses at the clinic I was finally told that they could not confirm that this is just an STD. They don't have a lot of information as to how it is contracted and so solely stating that it is an STD is false information. There are obviously other ways of getting this disease. So before breaking up a home please continue to do research and keep an open mind.

Comment from: RHONDA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

I found out about my trichomoniasis infection on my 2nd visit to the hospital with abdominal pain. The first visit was a CAT scan, and they found nothing. The next day my husband and I were having sex, and it hurt. When we were through and I wiped, it was like pus. Later that night I woke up hurting again, this time they did a pelvic exam and diagnosed it. Married almost 32 years. Filed for divorce 10-09-2014.

Comment from: missmrs, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

I had sex with a friend who I know sleeps with multiple women and got trichomoniasis infection. Silly of me.

Comment from: sophia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

With me I believe the trichomoniasis infection was caused by allowing him to rub up on my vagina before intercourse without having condom on; not good.

Trichomoniasis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your trichomoniasis?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Transmission Question: Please share how you contracted your trich infection.
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of a trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, did you receive for your trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Telling Your Partner Question: If you were diagnosed with a trich infection, please share how you told your partner.