Patient Comments: Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Transmission

Please share how you contracted your trich infection.

Comment from: purple6367, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

My husband and I were separated back in late August of 2013, I had my PAP test on the December 2nd 2013 and today I found out I was positive for trich; we just got back together the middle of November 2013.

Comment from: kitty 56, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I started having this fishy/foul odor and did not know how to get rid of it. I had it for about a month. I was only with one person and I asked him about whether he was having sex with anyone else and of course, he said no. I didn't tell him about it because I know it had to be him that I got it from. I went to the emergency room because I had abdominal pain and was treated.

Comment from: trich, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 09

I had sex with my husband and nobody else.

Trichomoniasis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your trichomoniasis?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Causes Question: What caused your trichomoniasis infection and risk during pregnancy?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of a trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, did you receive for your trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Telling Your Partner Question: If you were diagnosed with a trich infection, please share how you told your partner.