Patient Comments: Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Transmission

Please share how you contracted your trich infection.

Comment from: carla, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I had a hysterectomy, went for my 6 week checkup, and found I had trichomoniasis. I have not had sex for over 6 weeks. I did not have it before the surgery. But I did after it. I asked the doctor if I had this before the surgery and I was told no. I have had pap tests every 3 months for over a year treating cervical pre cancer. And I started having problems 2 weeks after surgery. I called my doctor, got treated for a yeast infection, over the phone. I feel for certain I got it from the hospital or on recovery. I can't prove it.

Comment from: mel, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I got this trich infection from my partner. I didn't pay it any attention because I thought it would go away. I was very itchy. I scratched it. And when I would go take a shower or pee, it burns really bad. I was pregnant with my first son. I was devastated when the doctor told me that I could pass it to my son if not treated. I took an antibiotic. But when a gynecologist ask me how often I took it, I told him two times a day. He then scolded me and said that I should be taking it for 4 times daily. I felt bad, I hope my son did not contract it from me.

Comment from: ReginaLee425, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

I cheated on my husband, and the man I cheated with exposed his wife. How I found I had trich infection was when his wife went to the doctor and discovered she had STD.

Comment from: purple6367, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

My husband and I were separated back in late August of 2013, I had my PAP test on the December 2nd 2013 and today I found out I was positive for trich; we just got back together the middle of November 2013.

Comment from: kitty 56, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I started having this fishy/foul odor and did not know how to get rid of it. I had it for about a month. I was only with one person and I asked him about whether he was having sex with anyone else and of course, he said no. I didn't tell him about it because I know it had to be him that I got it from. I went to the emergency room because I had abdominal pain and was treated.

Comment from: I hate kitty 56, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

Thank goodness I found the medication bottle in her apartment. I will get checked out for trich infection tomorrow.

Comment from: nooneimportant, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I'm not sure how I contracted this trich infection. I know it sounds awful, but it's true my boyfriend has been checked out and he was negative of all STDs and STIs. I'm kind of scared.

Comment from: bothered, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I was told a day before my birthday that I had trich and I was floored. I told the person I am seeing and he said he doesn't have it. I have not had sex either. Hmm, I am wondering if the only way to get it is through sex or if it could be something else.

Comment from: trich, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 09

I had sex with my husband and nobody else.

Trichomoniasis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your trichomoniasis?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Causes Question: What caused your trichomoniasis infection and risk during pregnancy?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of a trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, did you receive for your trich infection?
Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Telling Your Partner Question: If you were diagnosed with a trich infection, please share how you told your partner.