tretinoin - topical, Retin-A (cont.)
OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. Symptoms of overdose may include excessive redness, peeling, and discomfort.
NOTES: Do not share this medication with others.Cosmetics may be used, but clean skin thoroughly before applying the medication.Some cosmetics and soaps may worsen your acne. Moisturizers may be safe to use. When buying cosmetics, moisturizers or other skin care products, check the label for "non-comedogenic" or "non-acnegenic." These products are unlikely to worsen your acne. Ask your doctor or pharmacist which products are safe to use. Remember, acne is not caused by dirt. Cleaning your skin too often or too vigorously can irritate your skin and worsen acne.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature between 59-77 degrees F (15-25 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Gel preparations are flammable. Do not expose to heat or fire sources. Do not smoke during use. Keep all medications away from children and pets.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Last Editorial Review: 8/24/2012
Back to Medications Index
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox FREE!