Patient Comments: Tremor - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your tremor?

Comment from: andrewboy86, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 13

I am currently 27. When I was 18 I had gotten in a car accident, I had received a TBI (traumatic brain injury), since then I have had a very noticeable tremor on my right hand. The doctor called them "intentional tremors". It affects my ability to write, eat and any other tasks that require fine motor control. I tried going to a Parkinson's doctor and they started me on beta blockers to try and treat my condition, but that did not work. I did not go back to the specialist for this because I am too nervous to try other treatments. I am worried the side effects will be worse than dealing with the tremor.

Comment from: jill, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I have familiar essential tremors and I take 50 mg of B vitamins and it has cured my tremors. I was on a search for something natural and it repairs the nervous system which helps neurotransmitters to work more efficiently.

Comment from: onlyrusty45, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 16

l been having involuntary head shaking tremors, it hurts my neck and down to the third vertebra below my shoulders this has been going on for two years but has begun to get more noticeable and worse. A lot of people stare at me. It is very hard to do anything I even get cramps in my arms and hands and legs. I have epilepsy and diabetes type 2 and high blood pressure and sleep apnea on top of it, my mom was battling Parkinson's before she died of a heart attack.

Comment from: erwin, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 22

It started with tremors on the left hands then it progressed to my left leg and now it seems to affect my right leg and trunk as well. It started like a year ago but it only happened a few times but late July last year, I was experiencing tremors on my left leg on a daily basis. I went to the doctor who prescribed me with carbamazepine which seemed to work well, I still have tremors but it seemed to be more controlled. Although it worsens during times of stress, fatigue, too much excitement.

Comment from: Marie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I began with a noticeable head tremor, but what was devastating to me was that I couldn't write well. My doctor prescribed 60 mg per day of propanolol. My head still moves noticeably but not radically. However, I can write legibly again, for which I am very grateful.

Comment from: stu, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 01

I have suffered from tremors since 2005, when I was traveling to visit my elderly father. His illness, kidney failure, living in Florida, and dealing with all the stresses along with that caused the onset of tremors. It's only in my head. My friend noticed during a conversation that my head was shaking, albeit, just a little. I went to a neurologist and was diagnosed with tremors. I've noticed that when I stare at something like a book case, or a window, really anything, and focus on it, I see it shake. I do take propranolol for it which helps. It does worsen during times of stress. I do my best to avoid that if possible.

Comment from: wildflower, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I was hospitalized for seven days recently with severe body tremors. I had MRIs, CT scans, and even a spinal tap, and no cause could be found. After the hospitalization, I went to my neurologist. Upon seeing my condition, he immediately told me to quit taking Mirapex, a drug that I had been taking for about 10 years for restless legs. Slowly but surely, I am now getting better. I'm still not out of the woods. Apparently, it takes a while to get the drug out of your body.

Tremor - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with tremors.