Patient Comments: Tremor - Share Your Experience

Please share your experience with tremors.

Comment from: Sajed, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

I am unable to write because of my tremors. When I am walking I feel uneasy. Sometimes I cannot talk normally, sometimes when I'm talking I feel something block my throat. Sometimes my whole body is unnecessarily moving.

Comment from: Thea, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I am 36 years old and battling with shakes and tremors. Some days are worse than others, it gets so bad that I can't drink or eat because my head is shaking so badly. I have not seen a doctor about this yet. I have asthma and because I use my inhaler more than 3 times a day I thought it might be the cause of my shaking so much. I have been diagnosed with depression and I suffer with anxiety.

Comment from: cally, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 09

I was diagnosed five years ago with essential tremors, although I had lived with the tremors for 10 years before that. It started in my right arm, then my legs, and just recently, my head. I have stiffening of my joints and pain in my legs while resting. My doctor wants me to see a bone specialist; he thinks it's my spine. I work full time, and some people at work know, but I have asked them if they see my head or hands shaking to just ignore it. It was embarrassing for me when they made a fuss about it. I am scared of the unknown and not sure how long I will be able to keep working. But at the end of the day, I just pretend it's not there and get on with my life. But I am alone in this battle, and that scares me the most.

Comment from: Wonder woman, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I was sick with flu in December. Made a slight recovery. Then one day out of nowhere, my eyes became light sensitive, my vocal cords seemed strained, and on weight bearing, my legs began to shake uncontrollably, even after sitting and/or laying down. I don"t know what to do. I"m in no pain, no fever, and no head pain. The leg tremors occur in both legs and can last for hours.

Comment from: Bad Nurses, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I was prescribed Celexa then I was sick of it. It did not help at all. So I stopped. That is when the tremors started with leg shaking. I thought I felt an earthquake rumble, then it got more alarming; standing, lying down, sitting. I can't do any of these and it is very annoying.

Comment from: Huey, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I have difficulty writing and using my eating utensils properly from time to time. My hands have a tendency to shake and I am a diabetic who uses insulin.

Comment from: Ned, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had Parkinsonism for 14 years. It is not getting better with amantadine tab 100 mg. I can"t see it helping my tremors in both hands. I also have a thing called dyskinesia, where my mouth makes all kinds of movements. Since I"ve been on Sinemet, 2 kinds for 14 years, makes me wonder about the drugs.

Comment from: sony, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

My face and fingers shake in all situations while eating, studying and talking with others. Literally I am worried and depressed about my situation.

Tremor - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your tremor?