Travel Health Index
Featured: Travel Health Main Article
Is it possible to stick to your diet and fitness program -- or at least avoid gaining weight -- while you travel? Experts say the answer is yes, but your chances for maintaining good health while you travel will improve with a little advance planning.
Guinea Worm Disease
Guinea worm disease (GWD or dracunculiasis) is an infection caused by the parasite Dracunculus medinensis. After a person drinks...learn more »
In This Article
Guinea Worm Disease Article
- Guinea Worm disease facts*
- What is dracunculiasis?
- How does Guinea worm disease spread?
- What are the signs and symptoms of Guinea worm disease?
- What is the treatment for Guinea worm disease?
- Where is Guinea worm disease found?
- Who is at risk for infection?
- Is Guinea worm disease a serious illness?
- Is a person immune to Guinea worm disease once he or she has it?
- How can Guinea worm disease be prevented?