Travel Health Index
Featured: Travel Health Main Article
Is it possible to stick to your diet and fitness program -- or at least avoid gaining weight -- while you travel? Experts say the answer is yes, but your chances for maintaining good health while you travel will improve with a little advance planning.
In This Article
Candida auris (C. auris) Article
- Candida auris (C. auris) facts*
- What is Candida auris (C. auris)?
- Why is CDC concerned about C. auris infections?
- What types of infections can C. auris cause?
- How is C. auris infection diagnosed?
- Who is at risk for infection from C. auris?
- When was C. auris first reported?
- How did C. auris get its name?
- Where have outbreaks of C. auris infections occurred globally?
- How did C. auris infection spread globally?
- Would someone be likely to get a C. auris infection if they travel to any of
- Have C. auris infections occurred in the United States?
- What should someone do if they suspect they have a C. auris infection?
- What is the treatment for C. auris infections?
- Can a person die from infection with C. auris?
- How does C. auris spread?
- How can the spread of C. auris be prevented?
- What is CDC doing to address C. auris?
Guinea Worm Disease
Guinea worm disease (GWD or dracunculiasis) is an infection caused by the parasite Dracunculus medinensis. After a person drinks...learn more »
In This Article
Guinea Worm Disease Article
- Guinea worm disease facts*
- What is dracunculiasis (Guinea worm disease)?
- How does Guinea worm disease spread?
- What are the signs and symptoms of Guinea worm disease?
- What is the treatment for Guinea worm disease?
- Where is Guinea worm disease found?
- Who is at risk for infection with Guinea worm disease?
- Is Guinea worm disease a serious illness?
- Is a person immune to Guinea worm disease once he or she has it?
- Is it possible to prevent Guinea worm disease?