Patient Comments: Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your TIA?

Comment from: pat, 55-64 Female Published: April 15

I have had spasmodic torticollis for over 5 years. A physical therapist has me doing certain neck, shoulder, and arm stretching movements which do help and I have had Botox injections for about 2 years which help some. I walk a few blocks every day and that also helps. The chiropractor is also good (every week or less). Green Earth Naturals for deep green algae for the rich nutrients are very helpful.

Comment from: Dale, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: February 19

He has atrial fibrillation, diabetes, and stage 3 kidney disease. He has been sick for a month, has anemia and took iron, but was B/12 anemic. He was hospitalized, needed 4 units of blood, and medicine changes before being discharged. Today we were going out for lunch and he just lost the ability to speak and just stared into space for about 90 seconds. I asked if he was ok and he answered no. Within 3 minutes after the TIA (transient ischemic attack) he was fine.

Comment from: Rambo10, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I sympathize with all those people suffering from gastrointestinal problems. About 2 years ago, I started having shortness of breath and fullness while eating, even just a little food. The shortness of breath became worse as time went by. I went to the cardiologist and rheumatologist and all tests came back negative. I was told by my family doctor that I must have silent reflux and needed to get an endoscopy. While waiting for that test, friends of mine told me that I had symptoms of a hiatal hernia. I researched it and found out that chiropractors are knowledgeable about hiatal hernias and can do a stomach manipulation to slip it back in place. Last week I went to the chiropractor and sure enough the manipulation helped. Since the hernia can slip in an out of the hiatus muscle, you might need to have more than one treatment. My husband even did the manipulation on my stomach and thank goodness I'm feeling much better. I am scheduled for the endoscopy next week just to make sure that my stomach is ok otherwise. There is a YouTube video on how to do the manipulation. Look up 'how to fix hiatal hernia.' All the best out there.

Comment from: slygirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have had strep throat many times when I was younger, and here I am again with it! I went to the walk in clinic the night before and do not feel better, I am on a shot and a 10 day supply of penicillin. This will take at least 3 days to kick in and I start getting better. Good luck to all, take it easy. Rest and soda with crushed ice helps.

Comment from: Slayton, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 22

About 2 hours before the TIA (transient ischemic attack) happened my vision was kind of moving up and down even though I was staring straight ahead. I was driving and I couldn't figure out how to navigate a 4 way stop. My mom said there was something wrong with me and I tried to say I am fine, but 'slum nine' came out. I was able to stop the car and when I got out to let her drive I could barely stand. Luckily we were 2 blocks from the hospital. They had me in CT in 20 minutes. There was a small area with reduced flow. I got better in 45 minutes.

Comment from: ann, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I have been experiencing tingling in my left hand and arm on a daily basis, I wonder if this could be TIA (transient ischemic attack).

Comment from: kimpa, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I woke up to blurred vision in both eyes, garbled speech, a slight pain in the back of my neck and feeling weak. After taking 2 aspirin the TIA (transient ischemic attack) symptoms disappeared in an hour's time.

Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke) - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of a TIA in you, a friend or relative?
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke) - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams you or a relative experienced that led to a diagnosis of TIA.
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke) - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment or medication did you receive for a TIA?
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke) - Prognosis Question: Were TIAs a warning sign for a stroke experienced by a relative or friend? Please share your story.