GENERIC NAME: tranexamic acid injection
BRAND NAME: Cyklokapron
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
USES: Tranexamic acid injection is used short-term (two to eight days) to prevent bleeding following tooth extraction in people with hemophilia.
Common side effects of tranexamic acid injection include:
Other less common side effects side effects include:
- Allergic dermatitis
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Possible serious side effects include:
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg)
- Pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung)
- Cerebral thrombosis
- Acute renal cortical necrosis
- Central retinal artery and vein obstruction
- Visual impairment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.