Patient Comments: Tourette Syndrome - Treatments

Question:How is your Tourette syndrome treated?

Comment from: nanjemoymd2, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 17

My 9 year old son started taking Tenex a few months ago. Both his motor and vocal tics have calmed down a lot and it does seem to still somewhat control his ADHD even though that is not what the medications main purpose is for. Right now he is only taking 1 mg in the morning and 1mg at night but we are about to have his dose titrated again. Praying to stay side effect free!

Comment from: Curious, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

Over the past couple of years I have had weird things happen to my body that I can't control. Right now, I do a weird thing with my eyes that I can't control and feel the need to do other things with my face and neck. It eventually goes away after a few months. Then I do other things, like suck in my stomach. I want to stop myself from doing these things but I can't. When I was younger, I had a huge fear of germs, but it has lessened over the years, I am now 14 and not as afraid of germs, but still do the things I mentioned earlier. I watched a YouTube video today of someone I regularly watch and he explained he has Tourette's. It's made me start think that maybe I have it too. I'm wondering if the symptoms I described sound like Tourette syndrome and if I should I tell my Mum.

Comment from: CAW1964, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

To treat my Tourette syndrome, I take 3 mg Clonazapam in the morning and 2 mg of Clonazapan in the evening.

Comment from: shamus, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 16

I take Adderall 20mg po 4 times a day. It is not prescribed for my Tourettes however it helps a lot.