Patient Comments: Torn Meniscus - Surgery To Repair

Please describe your experience with surgery to repair your torn meniscus.

Comment from: JENN, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I had arthroscopic surgery to repair torn meniscus four months ago. I was doing ok but within the past couple of days I have been having occasional sharp pain when walking.

Comment from: Martha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

On January 15, 2014, I had a scope repair for a torn meniscus, the doctor also repaired or cleaned some arthritis. On the first day it felt great, now the insertion is very sore, but the meniscus is better.

Comment from: Tchnyou, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I fell on my left knee on concrete. I had a meniscus repair six weeks ago. I have been in therapy for three weeks to rehabilitate my knee. It is still swollen and sore. I have pain when I put weight on my left leg and it aches terribly. At night is the worst. I cannot sleep through the night without it waking me and I sleep with a pillow between my knees.

Comment from: Joyce P, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

Five weeks after my arthroscopy my knee is still very sore and swollen. I have followed all instructions regarding rehabilitation but not much has helped so far. I am a tennis player and quite fit.

Comment from: Crossfitter, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 28

I had a full tear in my ACL and a torn meniscus. This is day 4 from surgery and the pain and swelling are getting better. Day 2 was probably the worst pain I have ever experienced. I think it has a lot to do with the nerve block wearing off. I started using a flex machine on the second day. This also added to the pain but now on day four I'm at almost 90 degrees of flex ion. I am hoping to be walking without crutches in a few more days.

Comment from: JJ, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had surgery to have a torn meniscus trimmed. After the surgery, I was told that the x-rays had not shown how much arthritis had affected my knee. I was on crutches for a couple of weeks, walked with a cane for about 3 weeks but always with pain. The surgery was on 15th Aug, 2013 and I still cannot walk normally, plus there is pain with little mobility in my knee joint.

Comment from: annie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

Two months ago I had a bucket-handle tear repaired and now I have more pain than before! I am regretting the operation.

Comment from: duwe4ever, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I recently had a scope repair on my meniscus. It still hurts to walk after awhile. I'm just wondering how long it takes for it to feel better. It's better than it was, but still sore.

Comment from: Celina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I had surgery to repair torn meniscus 10 days ago and recovery is very slow. I was also wondering why I had the intervention. I want my knee back so I am able to walk normally, play tennis and work out.

Comment from: 405davidb, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 19

I had surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a bucket tear in my meniscus. I had very little pain before but could not bend my knee. Now I have pain and I still have no range of motion in my knee. Also my knee joint feels loose now. I wish I had not had the surgery.

Torn Meniscus - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with a torn meniscus?
Torn Meniscus - Treatment Question: What treatment was effective for your torn meniscus?