Patient Comments: Toothache - Describe Your Experience

How did you cope with your toothache?

Comment from: AZtoothache, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 27

I've had a toothache for 3 days now. I put Sensodyne toothpaste on my finger and dab it on the tooth. It seems to help for awhile until it wears off. Brushing the aching tooth with Sensodyne doesn't help. It is a temporary fix until I see a dentist.

Comment from: Tigerette, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

Every time I get a sinus infection it goes to my teeth. I have a lot of broken teeth, the root is still in gum. I get a lot of infections. I'm constantly on Clindamycin, or Cipro. I also have a lot of pain with my wisdom teeth. I don't have time to see a dentist, plus I can't take the Novocain it won't take on me. I need an oral surgeon, put to sleep, but can't find one, also I am a big baby when it comes to a dentist. I am on a lot of medications, and a diabetic. What can I do? I also start having pain in chest and left arm I actually feel like I'm having a heart attack, any info will help please.

Comment from: s, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I have a toothache in my lower left side wisdom tooth which is causing my ear and whole bottom jaw line to hurt. I have no insurance and lost my job. I can't see a dentist or doctor. I don't know what to do. I can't live with the pain I don't sleep I cry all the time it is very painful. I brush every day and I use mouth wash, but my teeth are still decaying and pain is so harsh. I have tried everything I don't know what else to do it hurts.

Comment from: Jono, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 18

Surprisingly enough, I found that milk relieved the toothache somewhat. In my case, it was milk mixed with skim milk powder, oat bran, Splenda and strawberry or coffee flavor. I had tried everything else: clove oil, Panadol, Advil, Panadeine 15 (i.e. 15 mg codeine), oral anesthetic gel. I suspect that the calcium ions in the milk have something to do with it. I'm still seeing the dentist tomorrow; only about a month ago, he gave all my teeth a clean bill of health.

Comment from: Garbydud, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

I have a dull pain in my left upper teeth. I cannot determine which one. The dull pain can go to sharp pain on its own. I saw my dentist yesterday. He X-rayed the last three teeth, and he removed and replaced the fillings on the last two teeth, but the pain is still there.

Comment from: Anonymous, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I coped with my toothache by using Papadeine (Paracetamol and codeine), keeping busy doing something, not focusing on the pain, and keeping an optimistic attitude.

Comment from: lambchop, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I am having spasms of toothache pain. I have gum disease. I put some ground clove on my teeth, it numbs the pain for now. I will call my dentist Monday for an appointment.

Toothache - Remedies Question: Have you ever tried a toothache home remedy that worked?
Toothache - Experience Question: How did you cope with your toothache?
Toothache - Treatment Question: What treatment did you need for your toothache?
Toothache - Symptoms Question: Besides pain, what other toothache symptoms do you have?
Toothache - During Pregnancy Question: Did you have a toothache treated during pregnancy?