Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: bw878, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I am a tongue chewer and have been since I was young. It seems to be getting worse and now my tongue is really sore.

Comment from: Goldenheart, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I don't know for sure how long ago this started, but the tip of my tongue tingles and gets really unpleasant by bed time a lot of days. I do take a lot of supplemental vitamins, but I always have done, so I don't know what could be causing it. I did quit smoking about 7 years ago, but this only started about a year or less ago.

Comment from: Brenda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I have a red and sore tongue and get redness in my mouth also. I get soreness on the inside of my lips. I do have gastric problems and at times I have allergic rhinitis.

Comment from: Bunny, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

I've had veneers put in a couple of years ago. Over the last few months the tip of my tongue feels like it's been dipped in bleach and can get painful by the end of the day. I wonder if it is due to the veneer ingredients.

Comment from: Kathy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have had a problem with vaginal itching. I thought I had a vaginal yeast infection and treated it with over the counter medication and now suddenly I have hard, blister-looking sores on the right side at the back of my tongue and the sores on my tongue have little to no pain but, they swell and irritate my throat. I also have ear pain in my right ear.

Comment from: reblyn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

About 30 years ago one side of my tongue lost nearly all of the taste buds. Half of my tongue was slick. No pain or swelling so I didn't go to a doctor. Problem cured itself in a couple of months. It has not happened again. No known trigger.

Comment from: demetria, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I have a problem with my tongue for 3 months now and I am really suffering too much. I visited many doctors and nobody found out what the problem is. Once or twice a year this problem appears. It begins with pain when moving my tongue deep inside my mouth and after one or two days I begin scratching my tongue around with my teeth. It is very painful and none of the doctors I visited found out what the problem is so as to give me the correct meditation. I am 50 years old and since I was 28 years old I have been taking antidepressants without stop. I am also in my menopause.

Comment from: Cidnee Elise J., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I am 65 years old. I was diagnosed at age 40 with psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. I also suffer with Sjogren's syndrome and was diagnosed diabetic type II in 2013. In November 2014 I was diagnosed with oral lichen planus with pre-cancer cells in my left cheek. I was prescribed Magic mouthwash and Oracort which does help with the burning mouth. Within the last 3 or 4 months I have been getting sharp pains in my tongue. It feels like a razor blade cutting several times over a couple hours period of time. This has happened to me approximately 6 to 8 times in total. It is very painful. I don't know what the sudden cause of this pain is, especially targeting my tongue.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?