Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: TerriB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I had part a back lower tooth break off, and my tongue became a little sore from rubbing against it. A week later at the dentist, he said I had a lesion on my tongue, probably due to the tooth, since it was directly next to it. However, he seemed concerned too, by the way the lesion looked. He told me to come back in two weeks to get it checked and if there was no significant change he will send me for a biopsy. Two weeks is tomorrow and it has gotten smaller. Also, he pulled the broken tooth.

Comment from: chargerces@aol.com, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 15

The tip of the tongue of our year old grandson appeared to have been bitten off, but there was no bleeding and he was not in any distress. The fire department medics and myself and other family members observed this. When we took him to the emergency room the nurse opened his mouth and his tongue was pink and normal. I am not sure if he had bitten his tongue that hard to make it look like that or if he could have had an allergic reaction to his food.

Comment from: SANTHOSH, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 19

I am 30 years old. For the last 3 years I have been suffering with small bumps on my tongue and itching on it. When I feel itching I start biting the small bumps and it starts bleeding. Now for last couple of weeks it has kept increasing.

Comment from: Fred, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 05

I have a benign, soft-tissue growth (or tumor) on the underside of the front of my tongue; it (the tumor) seems to be growing slowly. It causes no pain but does interfere slightly with my speech.

Comment from: bw878, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I am a tongue chewer and have been since I was young. It seems to be getting worse and now my tongue is really sore.

Comment from: mazharwaqas, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 14

I am facing a mouth problem, my tongue has some fungus and a little cut in the front.

Comment from: Kail, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 12

My tongue has small granules on its side in the inner side. I am feeling discomfort while eating. It has been there since 3 months.

Comment from: Goldenheart, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I don't know for sure how long ago this started, but the tip of my tongue tingles and gets really unpleasant by bed time a lot of days. I do take a lot of supplemental vitamins, but I always have done, so I don't know what could be causing it. I did quit smoking about 7 years ago, but this only started about a year or less ago.

Comment from: Brenda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I have a red and sore tongue and get redness in my mouth also. I get soreness on the inside of my lips. I do have gastric problems and at times I have allergic rhinitis.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?