Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: Kathy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have had a problem with vaginal itching. I thought I had a vaginal yeast infection and treated it with over the counter medication and now suddenly I have hard, blister-looking sores on the right side at the back of my tongue and the sores on my tongue have little to no pain but, they swell and irritate my throat. I also have ear pain in my right ear.

Comment from: reblyn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

About 30 years ago one side of my tongue lost nearly all of the taste buds. Half of my tongue was slick. No pain or swelling so I didn't go to a doctor. Problem cured itself in a couple of months. It has not happened again. No known trigger.

Comment from: demetria, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I have a problem with my tongue for 3 months now and I am really suffering too much. I visited many doctors and nobody found out what the problem is. Once or twice a year this problem appears. It begins with pain when moving my tongue deep inside my mouth and after one or two days I begin scratching my tongue around with my teeth. It is very painful and none of the doctors I visited found out what the problem is so as to give me the correct meditation. I am 50 years old and since I was 28 years old I have been taking antidepressants without stop. I am also in my menopause.

Comment from: Cidnee Elise J., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I am 65 years old. I was diagnosed at age 40 with psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. I also suffer with Sjogren's syndrome and was diagnosed diabetic type II in 2013. In November 2014 I was diagnosed with oral lichen planus with pre-cancer cells in my left cheek. I was prescribed Magic mouthwash and Oracort which does help with the burning mouth. Within the last 3 or 4 months I have been getting sharp pains in my tongue. It feels like a razor blade cutting several times over a couple hours period of time. This has happened to me approximately 6 to 8 times in total. It is very painful. I don't know what the sudden cause of this pain is, especially targeting my tongue.

Comment from: Paula001, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

My problem started with swelling gums and bleeding from gums (sometimes, not always). I also experienced soreness, burning and whitish mass deposition in the tongue. I has it checked with a dentist. He thoroughly cleaned my gums by injecting local anesthesia and scraping the gums. He took 6 days for it, cleaning different areas of the gums on different days. Now, almost 6 months after the clean-up, my gums don't swell and bleed but the problems of my tongue remain same, no matter how much I take care of my oral cleanliness. I also have trouble chewing a bit hard foods.

Comment from: littlemary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 08

The edges of my tongue are always sore and painful.

Comment from: DO, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

There is an even red border around the top edge of my tongue about a quarter of an inch in width.

Comment from: bridget, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I have a sore tongue.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?