Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: Paula001, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

My problem started with swelling gums and bleeding from gums (sometimes, not always). I also experienced soreness, burning and whitish mass deposition in the tongue. I has it checked with a dentist. He thoroughly cleaned my gums by injecting local anesthesia and scraping the gums. He took 6 days for it, cleaning different areas of the gums on different days. Now, almost 6 months after the clean-up, my gums don't swell and bleed but the problems of my tongue remain same, no matter how much I take care of my oral cleanliness. I also have trouble chewing a bit hard foods.

Comment from: DeeLee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I have gluten allergy. What doctors and dentists won't tell you because a lot of them don't know, is that gluten and soy can cause mouth and tongue sores and pain, swelling and sores. While on a special diet prior to surgery I was placed on a starch free diet; only natural foods. After 9 days my mouth sores that I had been trying to cure for 1 year including having a biopsy leading to no diagnosis or cure, went away. After 2 weeks I tested by eating bread and the mouth sores started that evening. It took me three days back on the diet to flush the gluten out of my system. The sores on my mouth and tongue are gone for good. I also found soy to be a problem as well as MSG. It give me headaches and joint pains.

Comment from: Sally, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

My tongue feels like when you burn it from hot food, just the top. I have hepatitis C, and type 2 diabetes. It is not swollen, just sore.

Comment from: Prettylady1003, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I had surgery three months ago and ever since my tongue is swollen on one side and hurts and burns and the end of my tongue is red and burns; and when I stick it out I have pain in the tip.

Comment from: sandy, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 13

My daughter has little red painful bumps on the tongue along with a productive cough and lethargic feeling. Tongue sores came first.

Comment from: mani, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

Due to pain in the tongue it is difficult to take food.

Comment from: Cookie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I have what looks like a clear bump on the skin under my tongue.

Comment from: yyll, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 13

My husband woke up with a very dry mouth and his tongue was twisting. He is diabetic and had a mild stroke a year ago. He is fine this morning.

Comment from: Kingfisher512000, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have painful Blisters on tip of tongue. I have been suffering from flu virus for the last 5 weeks.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?