Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: khenryall, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 31

My tongue always feels like I have burned it eating hot food. At first I thought it was to much salt, so I stopped. Then I thought it could be acidic food, so I again took notice and stopped eating foods with a lot of acids. Now it seems like no matter what I eat or drink, my tongue is continually sore and Burns. I told my doctor, but never said anything and now it is just very aggravating. My food and drinks either taste bad or bitter and it is very depressing when no one believes you and thinks you are nuts. My tongue is always red and very sore.

Comment from: andy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 04

white bumps on the back of my tongue.

Comment from: cwengert, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: March 31

My mothers tongue is bruised and is painful to touch, even food causes pain to this area on her tongue.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?