Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: ellen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I got sick like a week ago and I have had this nasty taste in my mouth and my tongue has been feeling weird. I went to the doctor and he said I was sick and was going to give me a prescription for amoxicillin. Then he looked in my mouth again and asked if my tongue hurt and I said no. Now the next day I looked at my tongue and there are similar bumps they are part of my tongue, but they are sticking up and they feel funny and there are bigger bumps on the back of my tongue. They don't hurt, but are bigger and don't look like the other bumps.

Comment from: Gigs, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

At a time I had a tasteless feeling in my tongue after which I brushed with my toothbrush and had pains in my tongue and eventually the pain became peels till date. But before the pains I had a prolonged malaria parasite even till date.

Comment from: Jim horan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 16

My tongue is white with red spots and teeth marks.

Comment from: dog, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I had a bright red tongue not caused by any food; almost like blood red. I could wipe the tongue and it looked like blood.

Comment from: Akshai, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 08

I am having 4 bumps inside my tongue.

Comment from: K.B., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

Since taking amoxicillin for a tooth problem my tongue is red and very sore along with white spots even on the inside of lip.

Comment from: granny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

The front half of my tongue is red and rough and has a metallic taste and everything tastes strange, especially salty things.

Comment from: sandy, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 21

Dad has had black hairy tongue for 3 months, it has also spread to his bottom teeth.

Comment from: don, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My tongue has an orange color fungal type look to the top of tongue.

Comment from: Johleen, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 27

The texture of the tongue changed. It started with a small patch now it is getting bigger in a 2 years old infant.

Comment from: Susanna, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I have a cut on tip of tongue for six weeks, oral surgeon said he "never" saw anything like it!

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?