Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: hindery, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

Last Monday night, I had experience a very high fever that lasted until Tuesday mid-day. Then I recognized that my tongue had a problem. I couldn't taste the food very well and I lost my appetite. It is now swelling.

Comment from: B, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

Recently, my tongue has been painful, and now I found a tiny, painful lump on the top right tip of my tongue. I'm very concerned.

Comment from: CKK, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

The best way I can describe my tongue problem is "burning, yet numb". It's been three-four months now. I've stopped Neurontin, and been told to restart taking it, but cut it to 1 capsule, 300 MG. I keep thinking it's the Neurontin. I stopped it altogether, stopped chewing a Peppermint Gum and it got somewhat better. Even with NO Neurontin and chewing gum it still feels numb, unable to fully taste, yet burning with a WHITE sore area down the center of my tongue.

Comment from: pgf, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I was in the hospital for 10 days in March and had surgery for an obstructed bowel. Ever since then my taste has been altered. My tongue has areas on it that appear to have lost the normal papillae, and another area that is whitish. Apparently it is also sensitive to citric acid as it has two sore spots on the tip that appeared after eating an orange and a few slices of tomato. I've been to two ENT's and they don't seem to know what the problem is. One prescribed a 5-day course of prednisone, and it did seem to help, but now, 2 weeks after the last dose of prednisone, the condition seems to be the same as before the steroid.

Comment from: ouch, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 06

I had a cavity filled and when the Novocaine wore off I was left with a horrible burning pain on my tongue. I can't get any relief from it and the dentist is giving me no help except to say it might take three months to go away. Anbesol and other tooth pain medications don't help...aspirins and ibuprofen doesn't help.

Comment from: kmom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

As far back on my tongue as I can see funny looking tongue-colored lumps have appeared. I seem to have some voice interference from this and some soreness. My voice is different.

Comment from: EyeWnt2know, 25-34 Male Published: March 31

I get little white sores on my tongue once in a while and irritable pain. They look as if the taste buds get sore and white. They are the size of a single taste bud. Also I get blisters with fluid in them that are on the inside of my cheeks, not discolored and are painless. I have had a sore that swelled, tissue turned white and redness around it on the side of my tongue also.

Comment from: frogie, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 31

Tip of tongue was sore and no mouth redness. Initially thought the condition was dry mouth, eating seems to help some. It becomes so bad that lying down with mouth closed seems to be the only solution. I have tried acupuncture, but to no avail. Condition started three days after back surgery and has not abated some days nearly intolerable.

Comment from: moolicious, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

My tongue feels like it is blistered. The pharmacist said he thought it was Tetracycline that I was taking for rosacea, however, I stopped the Tetracycline and it is back. I think it is the Meloxicam I am taking for a hip problem.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?