Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: Worried, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

It looks like my tongue is cut length-wise, you can see the open cut and it doesn't matter what I eat it hurts. I do suffer from dry mouth. My tongue also seems fatter.

Comment from: Emma, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

Eight days ago numerous red spots appeared on my tongue, mostly down both sides and around the tip/edges. They got so bad that I could barely eat. A few days later my glands were swollen along with my tongue and I also have earache. It seems to be subsiding now but I still have earache and a sore tongue.

Comment from: oldlady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I had a grand mal seizure and chewed my tongue tip badly. It first went black then turned white. Next it turned red, but still has no feeling.

Comment from: mariposa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been suffering with tongue striations on either side of the tongue and burning. I have been treated for thrush, my skin doctor told me I tested positive for yeast and treated me with medicine. My periodontist treated it with an ointment that is rubbed in. No matter what was used at first it seemed to work and then the symptoms returned. I recently saw and article that talked about bleach allergies with people who swim. I swim three times a week. My doctors think it is auto-immune.

Comment from: ellen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I got sick like a week ago and I have had this nasty taste in my mouth and my tongue has been feeling weird. I went to the doctor and he said I was sick and was going to give me a prescription for amoxicillin. Then he looked in my mouth again and asked if my tongue hurt and I said no. Now the next day I looked at my tongue and there are similar bumps they are part of my tongue, but they are sticking up and they feel funny and there are bigger bumps on the back of my tongue. They don't hurt, but are bigger and don't look like the other bumps.

Comment from: mani, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

Due to pain in the tongue it is difficult to take food.

Comment from: yyll, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 13

My husband woke up with a very dry mouth and his tongue was twisting. He is diabetic and had a mild stroke a year ago. He is fine this morning.

Comment from: Gigs, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

At a time I had a tasteless feeling in my tongue after which I brushed with my toothbrush and had pains in my tongue and eventually the pain became peels till date. But before the pains I had a prolonged malaria parasite even till date.

Comment from: Jim horan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 16

My tongue is white with red spots and teeth marks.

Comment from: dog, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I had a bright red tongue not caused by any food; almost like blood red. I could wipe the tongue and it looked like blood.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?