Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: Frank Lim, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 15

There seems to be a cut on the front of my tongue and it would not heal. It now gets very sensitive whenever I drink or eat anything spicy, sour, hot, almost anything that has a strong taste. I could feel the biting effect into the pores.

Comment from: Nancy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I had a biopsy of the left side of my tongue February 12th for a whitish, tender area. The biopsy was negative, apparently inflammation. Still three months later, my tongue is excruciatingly sore. The area that the doctor (ENT) put 2 sutures in has healed about 6 weeks ago, leaving this rolled, small worm-like area about 1 inch long that is sore to eat, talk, and swallow.

Comment from: Bill1234, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I have an irritation on the side of my tongue. I have had a biopsy which came back negative. I had a new crown put in a couple of years ago and that is when it started. However, the dentist does believe I have no allergic reaction to the crown. There are no visible sores.

Comment from: littlemary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 08

The edges of my tongue are always sore and painful.

Comment from: DO, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

There is an even red border around the top edge of my tongue about a quarter of an inch in width.

Comment from: ramani, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 17

When food even with least chili is put in the mouth I get a burning sensation in my tongue as if it contains a lot of chilies. This problem started yesterday.

Comment from: JJ, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 27

My tongue bleeds, I don't know how to stop it from bleeding.

Comment from: Cookie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I have what looks like a clear bump on the skin under my tongue.

Comment from: Yollie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

My tongue is red with white sores and it burns (tongue is raw) if I eat or drink. And my throat is very sore.

Comment from: sara, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I have a small dark spot on the end of my tongue. It is about the size of the top of a pencil eraser.

Comment from: NATASHA, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 04

My son's tongue constantly kind of splits on the tip and he has fever when it happens. It also bleeds and is painful and he can't eat.

Comment from: nanakimmyg, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I have what looks like a skin tag on my tongue. Mildly painful every once in a while but I know it's there, if that makes sense.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?