Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: Flowergirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

My tongue is sore in the middle, like cuts in the middle of my tongue, though I have not cut it with food or anything else. Color is normal red. No other discolorations.

Comment from: Laura, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I have burning tongue for 44 years since the birth of my son. It started with dry mouth, full tongue in mouth. I have some saliva now but tongue is still full in mouth and burns. It"s like always being aware of my tongue.

Comment from: CheFatKat, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 07

I have swollen tongue and pain. Bottom interior between teeth under tongue is swollen too. I have pain and difficulty swallowing. I have very tender glands in lower jaw, and white and black spot on either side of tongue. It's very painful and very swollen.

Comment from: aprilmay, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 27

I am trying to decide what type of dentist/doctor to see for a wound to the mouth. He had a hole in the roof of the mouth through to the sinus cavity, and the tongue has fused itself to the bottom of the mouth. He needs to have his tongue released from the bottom of his mouth and the hole closed, somehow. He has no teeth on the upper jaw and 3 teeth left on the bottom. His jaw is shattered, so nothing can be done with the bottom until surgery to fix the jaw, in about 2 months.

Comment from: faraway, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I have a case of sinusitis and I went to the doctor and was given antibiotic and something called a Z-Pak which tore up my stomach. Then I bought over the counter allergy pills. And then I was told to put Vicks VapoRub under my nose every night to try to open up the path to my forehead which causes the forehead to be blocked and causes you to not smell or taste right. I can smell but I can't taste a thing right, everything I eat tastes bitter, gum, meat, candy, ice. It tastes like I got fur on my tongue and I brush my tongue every day.

Comment from: Worried, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

It looks like my tongue is cut length-wise, you can see the open cut and it doesn't matter what I eat it hurts. I do suffer from dry mouth. My tongue also seems fatter.

Comment from: Emma, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

Eight days ago numerous red spots appeared on my tongue, mostly down both sides and around the tip/edges. They got so bad that I could barely eat. A few days later my glands were swollen along with my tongue and I also have earache. It seems to be subsiding now but I still have earache and a sore tongue.

Comment from: oldlady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I had a grand mal seizure and chewed my tongue tip badly. It first went black then turned white. Next it turned red, but still has no feeling.

Comment from: mariposa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been suffering with tongue striations on either side of the tongue and burning. I have been treated for thrush, my skin doctor told me I tested positive for yeast and treated me with medicine. My periodontist treated it with an ointment that is rubbed in. No matter what was used at first it seemed to work and then the symptoms returned. I recently saw and article that talked about bleach allergies with people who swim. I swim three times a week. My doctors think it is auto-immune.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?