Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: Bill, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

It is sore on the side of my tongue, very painful and a bit swollen. It is very difficult to drink water and eat.

Comment from: Krishna K., 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

My tongue gets dry and I have pain at the lower part of the tongue near neck at both sides.

Comment from: dvorwark, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I have had a problem with vaginal itching, hemorrhoids, and now suddenly I have hard blister-looking sores on the back of my tongue and the sores on my tongue have little to no pain.

Comment from: nicole, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

The tip of my tongue has been itching for a week now and it's driving me crazy.

Comment from: mbali, Female (Patient) Published: July 25

My tongue problem is, it feels as if the veins underneath are pulled up, or there is a blockage somewhere. I can't eat or swallow.

Comment from: Flowergirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

My tongue is sore in the middle, like cuts in the middle of my tongue, though I have not cut it with food or anything else. Color is normal red. No other discolorations.

Comment from: Laura, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I have burning tongue for 44 years since the birth of my son. It started with dry mouth, full tongue in mouth. I have some saliva now but tongue is still full in mouth and burns. It"s like always being aware of my tongue.

Comment from: CheFatKat, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 07

I have swollen tongue and pain. Bottom interior between teeth under tongue is swollen too. I have pain and difficulty swallowing. I have very tender glands in lower jaw, and white and black spot on either side of tongue. It's very painful and very swollen.

Comment from: aprilmay, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 27

I am trying to decide what type of dentist/doctor to see for a wound to the mouth. He had a hole in the roof of the mouth through to the sinus cavity, and the tongue has fused itself to the bottom of the mouth. He needs to have his tongue released from the bottom of his mouth and the hole closed, somehow. He has no teeth on the upper jaw and 3 teeth left on the bottom. His jaw is shattered, so nothing can be done with the bottom until surgery to fix the jaw, in about 2 months.

Comment from: faraway, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I have a case of sinusitis and I went to the doctor and was given antibiotic and something called a Z-Pak which tore up my stomach. Then I bought over the counter allergy pills. And then I was told to put Vicks VapoRub under my nose every night to try to open up the path to my forehead which causes the forehead to be blocked and causes you to not smell or taste right. I can smell but I can't taste a thing right, everything I eat tastes bitter, gum, meat, candy, ice. It tastes like I got fur on my tongue and I brush my tongue every day.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?