Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: ramani, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 17

When food even with least chili is put in the mouth I get a burning sensation in my tongue as if it contains a lot of chilies. This problem started yesterday.

Comment from: JJ, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 27

My tongue bleeds, I don't know how to stop it from bleeding.

Comment from: Cookie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I have what looks like a clear bump on the skin under my tongue.

Comment from: Yollie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

My tongue is red with white sores and it burns (tongue is raw) if I eat or drink. And my throat is very sore.

Comment from: sara, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I have a small dark spot on the end of my tongue. It is about the size of the top of a pencil eraser.

Comment from: NATASHA, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 04

My son's tongue constantly kind of splits on the tip and he has fever when it happens. It also bleeds and is painful and he can't eat.

Comment from: nanakimmyg, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I have what looks like a skin tag on my tongue. Mildly painful every once in a while but I know it's there, if that makes sense.

Comment from: Jill f, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have two one inch white patches on both sides of tongue near teeth. I have had an extreme cough for almost two weeks. I wonder if this is caused from coughing.

Comment from: Bill, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

It is sore on the side of my tongue, very painful and a bit swollen. It is very difficult to drink water and eat.

Comment from: Krishna K., 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

My tongue gets dry and I have pain at the lower part of the tongue near neck at both sides.

Comment from: dvorwark, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I have had a problem with vaginal itching, hemorrhoids, and now suddenly I have hard blister-looking sores on the back of my tongue and the sores on my tongue have little to no pain.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?