Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: HP, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 04

I frequently have skin cells flaking off of top of the tongue. I catch myself 'harvesting' the flakes and swallowing them. The top of my tongue is mildly irritated beginning about 1 inch from tip. I have had my dentist examine my tongue twice. The second time he called in another dentist in the office for a consultation. He had no knowledge of this issue. He took photos and sent to an oral surgeon. He had no knowledge of my symptoms either. I have made an appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist for a further exam. Irritation is mild.

Comment from: Frank Lim, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 15

There seems to be a cut on the front of my tongue and it would not heal. It now gets very sensitive whenever I drink or eat anything spicy, sour, hot, almost anything that has a strong taste. I could feel the biting effect into the pores.

Comment from: Nancy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I had a biopsy of the left side of my tongue February 12th for a whitish, tender area. The biopsy was negative, apparently inflammation. Still three months later, my tongue is excruciatingly sore. The area that the doctor (ENT) put 2 sutures in has healed about 6 weeks ago, leaving this rolled, small worm-like area about 1 inch long that is sore to eat, talk, and swallow.

Comment from: Bill1234, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I have an irritation on the side of my tongue. I have had a biopsy which came back negative. I had a new crown put in a couple of years ago and that is when it started. However, the dentist does believe I have no allergic reaction to the crown. There are no visible sores.

Comment from: lynda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I have bumps on the back of my tongue.

Comment from: littlemary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 08

The edges of my tongue are always sore and painful.

Comment from: DO, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

There is an even red border around the top edge of my tongue about a quarter of an inch in width.

Comment from: ramani, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 17

When food even with least chili is put in the mouth I get a burning sensation in my tongue as if it contains a lot of chilies. This problem started yesterday.

Comment from: JJ, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 27

My tongue bleeds, I don't know how to stop it from bleeding.

Comment from: Cookie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I have what looks like a clear bump on the skin under my tongue.

Comment from: Yollie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

My tongue is red with white sores and it burns (tongue is raw) if I eat or drink. And my throat is very sore.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?