Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: Sporty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have a big white patch under my tongue on the left side. It is painful and red around the edges. Not sure if it's thrush or something else. First time I have experienced this.

Comment from: soamazed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I have a swelling on the bottom side of my tongue. What causes that?

Comment from: rebel, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

About a week or so i noticed a small little spot on my tongue and i didn't notice that it was getting bigger it is a white circle and the center is red, it slightly burns but not really. I don't know whats going on please help me.

Comment from: Manuhea, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I have this soar under my tongue in the back on the right. Its not a open soar. I tried rinsing with warm water and salt, Listerine, its been there for a week now. does anyone have a good remedy. I woke up one morning and there it was.

Comment from: oliver36, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

my tongue turns very red & stings when I eat anything. it also changes texture with lots of deep ridges.

Comment from: Billie1230, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I have had a sore throat for about one and a half weeks. Now in the last three days my tongue has been a green color and is very sore. It's hard to eat or drink. My tongue has bumps and cracks in it.

Comment from: lou, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I have sores on both sides of my tongue and have to clear my throat quite a bit.

Comment from: Lbeam, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

My tongue is red and feels like it was burned. However, I haven't burned it and this has been going on for a couple months. It is hard for me to eat, as everything burns. I take a vitamin B-50 tablet daily and I get a vitamin B-12 shot once a month.

Comment from: Santosh, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 03

I usually get sudden and unbearable pain in my tongue. I consulted with many doctors but they couldn't find any reason.

Comment from: Pam t, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

My tongue feels sore and numb, and is white in color. This is just like what I experience with my fingers when they are cold.

Comment from: 35-44 Male Published: April 24

I have soreness at the back of my tongue and at the base underneath. I can feel a small bump, and it has been itchy for about three days. It's most noticeable in the morning and lessens as the day goes on.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?