Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: ellen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I got sick like a week ago and I have had this nasty taste in my mouth and my tongue has been feeling weird. I went to the doctor and he said I was sick and was going to give me a prescription for amoxicillin. Then he looked in my mouth again and asked if my tongue hurt and I said no. Now the next day I looked at my tongue and there are similar bumps they are part of my tongue, but they are sticking up and they feel funny and there are bigger bumps on the back of my tongue. They don't hurt, but are bigger and don't look like the other bumps.

Comment from: Susanna, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I have a cut on tip of tongue for six weeks, oral surgeon said he "never" saw anything like it!

Comment from: pritam, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

My tongue has cuts.

Comment from: nana, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I had a gum growth which was just removed and it healed cleanly. One week later I have noticed severe ridges on the upper part of my tongue.

Comment from: grandmother, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have had a swollen tongue for 3 yrs. My doctor changed blood pressure meds 7 times. I have had several different labs taken. Been to two allergists, not allergic to anything. I still have the swollen tongue. Dentist says no dental issues. The tongue is swollen all the time, sometimes the lips swell, sometimes burning and swelling is severe. Tip of tongue has white spot.

Comment from: Sporty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have a big white patch under my tongue on the left side. It is painful and red around the edges. Not sure if it's thrush or something else. First time I have experienced this.

Comment from: soamazed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I have a swelling on the bottom side of my tongue. What causes that?

Comment from: rebel, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

About a week or so i noticed a small little spot on my tongue and i didn't notice that it was getting bigger it is a white circle and the center is red, it slightly burns but not really. I don't know whats going on please help me.

Comment from: Manuhea, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I have this soar under my tongue in the back on the right. Its not a open soar. I tried rinsing with warm water and salt, Listerine, its been there for a week now. does anyone have a good remedy. I woke up one morning and there it was.

Comment from: oliver36, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

my tongue turns very red & stings when I eat anything. it also changes texture with lots of deep ridges.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?