Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: Emma, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

Eight days ago numerous red spots appeared on my tongue, mostly down both sides and around the tip/edges. They got so bad that I could barely eat. A few days later my glands were swollen along with my tongue and I also have earache. It seems to be subsiding now but I still have earache and a sore tongue.

Comment from: oldlady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I had a grand mal seizure and chewed my tongue tip badly. It first went black then turned white. Next it turned red, but still has no feeling.

Comment from: mariposa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been suffering with tongue striations on either side of the tongue and burning. I have been treated for thrush, my skin doctor told me I tested positive for yeast and treated me with medicine. My periodontist treated it with an ointment that is rubbed in. No matter what was used at first it seemed to work and then the symptoms returned. I recently saw and article that talked about bleach allergies with people who swim. I swim three times a week. My doctors think it is auto-immune.

Comment from: ellen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I got sick like a week ago and I have had this nasty taste in my mouth and my tongue has been feeling weird. I went to the doctor and he said I was sick and was going to give me a prescription for amoxicillin. Then he looked in my mouth again and asked if my tongue hurt and I said no. Now the next day I looked at my tongue and there are similar bumps they are part of my tongue, but they are sticking up and they feel funny and there are bigger bumps on the back of my tongue. They don't hurt, but are bigger and don't look like the other bumps.

Comment from: don, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My tongue has an orange color fungal type look to the top of tongue.

Comment from: Johleen, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 27

The texture of the tongue changed. It started with a small patch now it is getting bigger in a 2 years old infant.

Comment from: Susanna, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I have a cut on tip of tongue for six weeks, oral surgeon said he "never" saw anything like it!

Comment from: pritam, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

My tongue has cuts.

Comment from: nana, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I had a gum growth which was just removed and it healed cleanly. One week later I have noticed severe ridges on the upper part of my tongue.

Comment from: grandmother, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have had a swollen tongue for 3 yrs. My doctor changed blood pressure meds 7 times. I have had several different labs taken. Been to two allergists, not allergic to anything. I still have the swollen tongue. Dentist says no dental issues. The tongue is swollen all the time, sometimes the lips swell, sometimes burning and swelling is severe. Tip of tongue has white spot.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?