Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: sandy, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 13

My daughter has little red painful bumps on the tongue along with a productive cough and lethargic feeling. Tongue sores came first.

Comment from: Kingfisher512000, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have painful Blisters on tip of tongue. I have been suffering from flu virus for the last 5 weeks.

Comment from: Goodnews., 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I am diabetic 2, and for past two weeks I see white patches on my tongue. When I brush in the morning, it turns red. I am confused and afraid.

Comment from: julie, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I have got lumps and a cavity in the middle of my tongue. It is a whitish color on my tongue and it hurts to eat. I have had it for 2 weeks now and getting worse.

Comment from: ItsThisLady, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I have a problem with my tongue being very large. I have developed a tongue chewing problem. The tongue size seems to be the reason, but I wonder if there are ways of fixing this. I like my large tongue because I am a singer.

Comment from: Navin, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 27

I am facing a problem of bleeding from the top of my tongue. I do not remember of any injury to the tongue. Whenever the bleeding starts, I put an ice cube and press and the bleeding stops.

Comment from: rob, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I have a furry tongue, with a slight green tint. Also it feels like mucus with some raised white spots on the back of the tongue. I have had this problem once before and was told it was caused by my smoking. I was given a Z-Pak for bronchitis and sinus infection, but this time the tongue has not cleared up.

Comment from: Kathy S., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I has surgery in August to repair hearing damage in my ear. My taste buds nerve were cut and reconnected, and a prosthetic bone was put in my ear to replace damaged bones. But also there were issues in putting me under. They had trouble with getting the tube down my throat. Since then my tongue and saliva have not been right. My taste came back but I also have a bloody taste in my mouth along with a salty taste at times. My tongue has a whitish green coat on it too. At times I have a dry mouth too.

Comment from: HP, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 04

I frequently have skin cells flaking off of top of the tongue. I catch myself 'harvesting' the flakes and swallowing them. The top of my tongue is mildly irritated beginning about 1 inch from tip. I have had my dentist examine my tongue twice. The second time he called in another dentist in the office for a consultation. He had no knowledge of this issue. He took photos and sent to an oral surgeon. He had no knowledge of my symptoms either. I have made an appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist for a further exam. Irritation is mild.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?