Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

Comment from: DeeLee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I have gluten allergy. What doctors and dentists won't tell you because a lot of them don't know, is that gluten and soy can cause mouth and tongue sores and pain, swelling and sores. While on a special diet prior to surgery I was placed on a starch free diet; only natural foods. After 9 days my mouth sores that I had been trying to cure for 1 year including having a biopsy leading to no diagnosis or cure, went away. After 2 weeks I tested by eating bread and the mouth sores started that evening. It took me three days back on the diet to flush the gluten out of my system. The sores on my mouth and tongue are gone for good. I also found soy to be a problem as well as MSG. It give me headaches and joint pains.

Comment from: Sally, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

My tongue feels like when you burn it from hot food, just the top. I have hepatitis C, and type 2 diabetes. It is not swollen, just sore.

Comment from: Prettylady1003, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I had surgery three months ago and ever since my tongue is swollen on one side and hurts and burns and the end of my tongue is red and burns; and when I stick it out I have pain in the tip.

Comment from: sandy, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 13

My daughter has little red painful bumps on the tongue along with a productive cough and lethargic feeling. Tongue sores came first.

Comment from: Kingfisher512000, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have painful Blisters on tip of tongue. I have been suffering from flu virus for the last 5 weeks.

Comment from: Goodnews., 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I am diabetic 2, and for past two weeks I see white patches on my tongue. When I brush in the morning, it turns red. I am confused and afraid.

Comment from: julie, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I have got lumps and a cavity in the middle of my tongue. It is a whitish color on my tongue and it hurts to eat. I have had it for 2 weeks now and getting worse.

Comment from: ItsThisLady, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I have a problem with my tongue being very large. I have developed a tongue chewing problem. The tongue size seems to be the reason, but I wonder if there are ways of fixing this. I like my large tongue because I am a singer.

Comment from: Navin, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 27

I am facing a problem of bleeding from the top of my tongue. I do not remember of any injury to the tongue. Whenever the bleeding starts, I put an ice cube and press and the bleeding stops.

Tongue Problems - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?