Patient Comments: Tongue Problems - Treatments

Question:What treatment did you receive for your tongue problem?

Comment from: Madenzo, 35-44 Male Published: May 29

My tongue developed deep cracks on it, and a white layer appeared when I woke up in the morning. Sometimes I feel pains on my tongue so that I can't wash my mouth.

Comment from: getaclue, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 07

Geographic tongue just does not go away. It is a sign of vitamin B deficiency. My son had it for two years with everyone saying that it shouldn't hurt and that it will go away. It did hurt and hardly ever went away. All he does now is make sure he drinks vitamin water and takes his B vitamins.

Comment from: Frustrated, 45-54 Female Published: May 23

This frequently happens to me, my tongue goes numb and the color is whitish. This last for about 30-40 seconds and always happens when I go outside during cool or cold nights. I was a previous smoker who quit 2 years ago.

Comment from: Nursey, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 30

My tongue feels rough like a cats. It feels as though I burned it. The papilla are raised on the sides. My tongue is pink and sore, and my teeth seem to irritate it further.

Comment from: sally, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 23

For my tongue problem I used daktarin gel, nyastastin, and diflucan.

Comment from: kitten, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 17

I have had a sore tongue since last November when I had cold sores and then after they went I got ulcers in my mouth, they went and left me with a sore tongue. I have difficulty eating, sleeping also my speech is getting worse. I cough a lot when I try to swallow certain things it can be food or drink, sometimes if I talk for a while my mouth dries out but mainly I have plenty of saliva that I drool which sounds awful but I can't help it. I have seen lots of doctors but they don't know what is causing the problem.

Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems Question: Please describe your tongue problems.
Tongue Problems - Infants and Children Question: What kind of tongue problem does your infant or young child suffer from?
Tongue Problems - Hairy Tongue Question: Were you diagnosed with hairy tongue? What was the cause?
Tongue Problems - Oral Cancer Question: Have you been diagnosed with oral cancer on your tongue? How are you coping?
Tongue Problems - Leukoplakia Question: Do you have leukoplakia? How did you get rid of it?