- Type 2 Diabetes: Learn the Warning Signs
- Diabetes Friendly Dining
- Type 2 Diabetes: Test Your Medical IQ
- Is tolazamide-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for tolazamide-oral?
- What are the uses for tolazamide-oral?
- What are the side effects of tolazamide-oral?
- What is the dosage for tolazamide-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with tolazamide-oral?
- What else should I know about tolazamide-oral?
Is tolazamide-oral available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Do I need a prescription for tolazamide-oral?
What are the uses for tolazamide-oral?
- Tolazamide is used with diet and exercise to reduce blood glucose levels in adult patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
What are the side effects of tolazamide-oral?
Side effects associated with tolazamide therapy include:
- Increase sensitivity to the sunlight (photophobia),
- Sensations of stomach fullness
- Muscle weakness
- Water loss from the body (diuresis)
Possible serious side effects of tolazamide include:
- Disulfiram (Antabuse)-like reactions (for example, severe flushing accompanied by low blood pressure (hypotension) and tachycardia
- Low blood glucose
- Low blood sodium
- Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH)
- Blood disorders
- Liver dysfunction
Quick GuideDiabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.