- Rheumatoid Arthritis Slideshow Pictures
- Take the RA Quiz
- Joint-Friendly Exercises to Reduce RA Pain Slideshow
- What is tocilizumab, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for tocilizumab?
- Is tocilizumab available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for tocilizumab?
- What are the side effects of tocilizumab?
- What is the dosage for tocilizumab?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with tocilizumab?
- Is tocilizumab safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about tocilizumab?
Is tocilizumab safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
There are no adequate studies of tocilizumab in pregnant women.
It is not known whether tocilizumab is excreted in breast milk.
What else should I know about tocilizumab?
What preparations of tocilizumab are available?
Injection: 20 mg/ml
How should I keep tocilizumab stored?
Tocilizumab should be stored refrigerated at 2 to 8 C (36 to 46 F).
Medically reviewed by John P. Cunha, DO, FACOEP
FDA prescribing information for Actemra
Quick GuideRheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.