Patient Comments: Ticks - Diagnosis

What types of tests or exams led to a diagnosis of a tick-related infection in you or someone you know?

Comment from: mike, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I had been bitten by a seed tick. I had the worst of the symptoms. I went to the emergency room (ER) after 2nd day of 102 fever. There were blood tests, urine tests, IVs. It took 2 more days to determine the illnesses. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. I was told I was in the start of kidney failure as a result of the extreme dehydration. I was given antibiotics and admitted to give me fluids. If anyone has any flu like symptoms after a tick bite, I urge you to seek hospital and ask them to look for Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain fever. It may save your life.

Ticks - Bite Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with a tick bite?
Ticks - Removal Question: Do you know the correct way to remove a tick? Please share your experience.
Ticks - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you use or receive to treat a tick bite or tick-caused infection?
Ticks - Prevention Question: If you live in a tick-prone region, how do you prevent bites?