- Patient Comments: Ticks - Bite Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Ticks - Diagnosis
- Patient Comments: Ticks - Removal
- Patient Comments: Ticks - Treatment
- Patient Comments: Ticks - Prevention
- Tick facts
- What are ticks?
- What are tick bite symptoms and signs?
- What diseases do ticks transmit (act as vectors) to humans?
- How is a tick bite diagnosed?
- What are the symptoms and signs of diseases transmitted by ticks?
- What is the treatment for a tick bite?
- How is a tick removed from the skin?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for people who get a tick bite?
- What are the risk factors for tick bites?
- How are bites from ticks prevented?
- Where can I find more information about ticks?
Quick GuideLyme Disease Pictures Slideshow: Symptoms and Treatment
Where can I find more information about ticks?
Additional information on ticks is available at these web sites:
- "Ticks: Geographic Distribution," CDC
- "Ticks," CDC
- "Tick-Borne Diseases," CDC
- "Tick-Borne Diseases," Medscape.com
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center. "Red meat allergies likely result of lone star tick." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 20 February 2014
- "CDC Reports More Cases of Heartland Virus Disease," CDC
Medically reviewed by Robert Cox, MD; American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Infectious Disease
"Differentiating Bug Bites: The Pesky and the Dangerous." Medscape.com. <http://reference.medscape.com/features/slideshow/bug-bites>.
United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Tick Removal." May 16, 2011.