- Hyperthyroidism Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Thyroid Disorder Quiz
- Thyroid Symptoms and Solutions Slideshow Pictures
- Patient Comments: Thyroiditis - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Thyroiditis - Share Your Experience
- Find a local Endocrinologist in your town
Symptoms are the same as in postpartum and silent thyroiditis, but the inflammation in the thyroid leads to pain in the neck, jaw, or ear. Unlike the other types of thyroiditis, subacute thyroiditis may be caused by an infection.
SOURCE: U.S. Womenshealth.gov. Thyroid Disease.