Patient Comments: Thyroid Peroxidase Test - Diagnosis

Were you diagnosed with an autoimmune or other type of disorder from your thyroid peroxidase results? Please explain.

Comment from: Bush Woman, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I was diagnosed four years ago with auto immune disease when I had a thyroid peroxidase (TPO) >1000. It went down to 244 after treatment began, but it never went lower. Recently I began to feel badly. After doing a TPO I found that my level is now 5151. What"s happening! Not exactly "under 34"!

Comment from: 66joanna, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I was diagnosed with Graves' disease in 2010 by a thyroid peroxidase (TPO) test, number 104. After taking carbimazole since, I wonder if I should have had another test. My TSH level is 0.07, FreeT3 - 5.5 FreeT4 - 21.2.