Patient Comments: Thyroid Nodules - Treatments

What was the treatment for your thyroid nodules?

Comment from: Kate, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I'm totally confused. I've felt like there was a piece of string in my throat for 5 months that I can't swallow away. I had a biopsy. Nothing to worry about there, just inflamed. The pain is so irritating (it wakes me in the night) so I had an MRI scan. Nothing there either. Now I have a lump at the base of my throat. No one seems to know what's going on and I'm really weary of it all.

Comment from: napaneelady, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 26

I found a lump in my neck. I was sent for an ultrasound and discovered a number of nodules on my thyroid gland. Next I was sent for a barium swallow, and now I have had more blood work. I am waiting for an appointment for a CAT scan. Nobody tells me anything.

Comment from: unsure, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 11

I was diagnosed since March 2011. Did my ultrasound on June, didn't see my doctor till August. Given pills, needle biopsy was done in September. Results were not quite reassuring. I was told that it doesn't look like malignant. But, the best solution is to have surgery and just remove it, altogether. They don't want to take the chance that it might be cancerous. I am still unsure what type of nodule I have.

Thyroid Nodules - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were the symptoms and signs you experienced for thyroid nodules?
Thyroid Nodules - Type Question: What type of thyroid nodule did you have?
Thyroid Nodules - Tests and Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and events that led to a diagnosis of thyroid nodules.
Thyroid Nodules - Goiter Question: Please describe your experience with a thyroid goiter.