Patient Comments: Thyroid Nodules - Goiter

Please describe your experience with a thyroid goiter.

Comment from: maggie04, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I had the FNA (fine needle aspiration) done last week, it hurt terribly. He had to use 4 needles on each side. My throat is sore and I sound hoarse. Years ago, he could feel the goiter, but this year, he sort of panicked because he couldn't. He went and did the ultrasound, and found 2 nodules one on each side of the thyroid. The pain from my jaw to my ear is bothersome. I hope it"s nothing, but Wednesday seems a long way away.

Comment from: grace, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 16

Six months ago, I noticed a swelling on my right side neck and saw a doctor who did blood tests and radiologist scans, the endocrinologist detected multiple nodules in my thyroid, for which I am waiting for needle biopsy. The swelling seems to have decreased. It feels like there's something permanently stuck in my throat.

Comment from: Zet, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

My throat was sore. I went to a doctor and was told it's an inflammation. I took antibiotics but it did not cure me. I made a throat swab and discovered there was a growth. I did a neck scan and it was discovered I have a mild goiter and took TFT (thyroid function test) blood tests which proved I have abnormal TFT.

Thyroid Nodules - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were the symptoms and signs you experienced for thyroid nodules?
Thyroid Nodules - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your thyroid nodules?
Thyroid Nodules - Type Question: What type of thyroid nodule did you have?
Thyroid Nodules - Tests and Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and events that led to a diagnosis of thyroid nodules.