Patient Comments: Thyroid Nodules - Type

What type of thyroid nodule did you have?

Comment from: Irish, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

In April 2013 due to other autoimmune issues I was sent to a thyroid specialist and diagnosed with Hashimoto"s. During the exam he did an ultrasound and discovered 3 nodules. The next day he did biopsy on all three and results were benign - exam again in 6 months. In October 2013 exam revealed a 4th nodule but all were still small so just it was recheck again in 6 months. In March 2014, nodule #3 had tripled in size to over 3cm in the 6 months. Biopsy reveals "lesion of significant abnormality". Second biopsy with same results and also sent to DNA lab which tests came negative for the 2 genes which would indicate likely cancer. Now they say just keep an eye on it and recheck in 6 months again. If it"s growing that rapidly and shows a significant abnormality even though it"s not malignant, I wonder if it wouldn"t be better to have that half at least removed. I don"t know what to do.

Comment from: nodulenightmare, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I went to the doctor because I thought I had an allergy to drinking tea. Every time I drank a cup of tea the left side of my throat felt like something was stuck in it, I have just found out I have thyroid autoimmune problems and a small nodule on the same side that gets irritated when I drink tea. I need to see a specialist but I wonder if there is a link between the tea and the thyroid issues.

Comment from: Donna, 35-44 (Patient) Published: March 28

For months I experienced tremors in both hands, weight loss, night sweats, hoarseness, and anxiety. Then I noticed a lump on the left side of my thyroid. My GP said it was a nodule. My blood results were normal. An ultrasound revealed two more nodules on the right side of my thyroid. I saw an endocrinologist, who suggested surgery. Surgeons performed a hemithyroidectomy. As a result, all my symptoms have disappeared.

Thyroid Nodules - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were the symptoms and signs you experienced for thyroid nodules?
Thyroid Nodules - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your thyroid nodules?
Thyroid Nodules - Tests and Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and events that led to a diagnosis of thyroid nodules.
Thyroid Nodules - Goiter Question: Please describe your experience with a thyroid goiter.