Patient Comments: Thyroid Nodules - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms and signs you experienced for thyroid nodules?

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I was diagnosed with rectal cancer two years ago. After undergoing two rounds of chemo, radiation and a complete resection with permanent colostomy, I managed to make it two years with clean scans. On my latest pet scan, a hot spot showed up in my neck. Thyroid ultrasound showed three nodules, one of which is solid. Now it's off to see the neck specialist and see what he wants to do. I was 36 at my first diagnosis for cancer, so I'm pretty freaked out that this may again be cancer as I was a stage 3c. If it is, then I'm one of the lucky ones because my repeated scans for metastasis may have caught this new one early.

Comment from: Christy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I was told by my doctor that I have a cyst in my thyroid, the right side of my neck is swollen and I can feel the lump. I had an ultrasound and was told it is nothing to worry about they will keep an eye on it. Should I ask for a biopsy or some other test? My blood work came back normal.

Comment from: Judy S , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I have had no symptoms. The nodule(s) were found during a CT of my carotid artery prior to a stress test. My blood pressure is slightly elevated (on Atenolol now) and I was experiencing dizziness, room spinning and headaches. All of these are gone now with treatment of HBP.

Published: July 08

I easily get irritated. I always feel exhausted even if I have a complete sleep. I gained 10 pounds in few months. I can easily feel cold or warm depending on the weather. There are times I feel that I'm having difficulty breathing.

Published: June 11

I had difficulty with swallowing and breathing. I felt more uncomfortable and experienced more discomfort when lying down.

Thyroid Nodules - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your thyroid nodules?
Thyroid Nodules - Type Question: What type of thyroid nodule did you have?
Thyroid Nodules - Tests and Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and events that led to a diagnosis of thyroid nodules.
Thyroid Nodules - Goiter Question: Please describe your experience with a thyroid goiter.