Patient Comments: Thyroid Disorders - Nodules

Please describe your experience with thyroid nodules.

Comment from: sstev, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I have been suffering from thyroid nodules my entire life but my thyroid blood work was always normal. I had biopsies performed because I was choking and the nodules could be seen protruding from my throat. The biopsy was benign and I underwent radioactive treatment to shrink the nodules. I have gained so much weight, dry skin, constipated, trouble sleeping, osteoporosis, and restless legs. My doctor won't increase my Synthroid because my blood work is normal. i am almost an anorexic ,desperate to lose weight( I am about 50 pounds overweight eating a 1000 calorie diet, exercising three times a week.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

i have a 1/2 of thyroid never been on medicine and now i have 2 nodules on the other side i am very tired loosing hair , hair is very brittle , and skin dry.

Thyroid Disorders - Experience Question: Please describe the type of thyroid disorder you have, and your experience with the disorder.
Thyroid Disorders - Treatment Question: What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what treatments have you received?
Thyroid Disorders - Surgery Question: What type of thyroid disorder did/do you have, and please describe your experience with surgery for the disorder.
Thyroid Disorders - Thyroid Cancer Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid cancer.
Thyroid Disorders - Hypothyroidism Question: Please describe your experience with hypothyroidism.
Thyroid Disorders - Hyperthyroidism Question: Please describe your experience with hyperthyroidism.
Thyroid Disorders - Goiter Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid goiter.
Thyroid Disorders - Symptoms and Signs Question: What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what were your symptoms and signs?