Patient Comments: Thyroid Disorders - Goiter

Please describe your experience with thyroid goiter.

Comment from: vicky, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

Growing up as a 12 or 13 year old I always felt a lot of pressure in the front of my neck. Nothing was ever done about it until I was married and suffered 2 miscarriages, so my doctor ran some tests and found out I had Graves' disease. The treatment was drinking radioactive iodine. That was 25 years ago. Immediately the pressure left, what a relief! Now, I take 1 pill a day for the rest of my life, and I feel fine.

Comment from: Christiana, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I had my 1st goiter removed when I was 30. I'm now 61. I had my 2nd one done when I was 57 and let me tell you that was a horrible experience. Now, I have just found out that I have another one and I just don't understand. I am terrified of going through another surgery after the other one. I developed so many other problems after that surgery also. My hands shake all the time. I have speech problems, bad headaches. The doctor accidentally hit my "juggler vein". My hands are starting to withdraw also. I do have fantastic Doctors now but, I just wanted to put in a word.

Thyroid Disorders - Experience Question: Please describe the type of thyroid disorder you have, and your experience with the disorder.
Thyroid Disorders - Treatment Question: What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what treatments have you received?
Thyroid Disorders - Surgery Question: What type of thyroid disorder did/do you have, and please describe your experience with surgery for the disorder.
Thyroid Disorders - Thyroid Cancer Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid cancer.
Thyroid Disorders - Hypothyroidism Question: Please describe your experience with hypothyroidism.
Thyroid Disorders - Hyperthyroidism Question: Please describe your experience with hyperthyroidism.
Thyroid Disorders - Nodules Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid nodules.
Thyroid Disorders - Symptoms and Signs Question: What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what were your symptoms and signs?