Patient Comments: Thyroid Disorders - Treatment

What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what treatments have you received?

A Doctor's View on Thyroid Disease Types and Treatments

Read the Comment by Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD

There are a number of types of thyroid diseases, and treatments vary depending on the thyroid condition you have. Treatments range from prescription medications, radioactive iodine ablation, to surgery. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: sandra, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

This is my thyroid disorder, both lobes were scanned systematically, solid nodules are seen, 2 of 10 mm and 14x15mm in left, 1 of 17x14cm in the right lobe and 1 of 19x14 mm in the isthmus. So conclusion made by doctor is thyroid nodules.

Comment from: tiy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I don't know what kind my thyroid disorder is, but I have been told my thyroid is underactive. I have panic all the time. I also have MS (multiple sclerosis), I wonder if that is why I have panic.

Comment from: R Baruah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

I am diabetic for last 20 years and my creatine level is 1.00. Unfortunately I had go for plastic surgery. My wounds are healing, a very nominal portion is taking time to heal. I have got thyroid checked and found TSH 11.9 uIU/ml. I am taking Thyroup 100 mg.

Comment from: Anju, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

I am suffering from hyperthyroidism. I want to control this through diet.

Thyroid Disorders - Experience Question: Please describe the type of thyroid disorder you have, and your experience with the disorder.
Thyroid Disorders - Surgery Question: What type of thyroid disorder did/do you have, and please describe your experience with surgery for the disorder.
Thyroid Disorders - Diagnosis Question: How was your thyroid disorders diagnosed?
Thyroid Disorders - Hypothyroidism Question: Please describe your experience with hypothyroidism.
Thyroid Disorders - Hyperthyroidism Question: Please describe your experience with hyperthyroidism.
Thyroid Disorders - Goiter Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid goiter.
Thyroid Disorders - Nodules Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid nodules.
Thyroid Disorders - Symptoms and Signs Question: What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what were your symptoms and signs?