Patient Comments: Thyroid Disorders - Experience

Question:Please describe the type of thyroid disorder you have, and your experience with the disorder.

Comment from: Clara, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I am a female, 46 year old. I am a very active person. I go to the gym minimum 5 days a week and take kickboxing 3 times per week. My eating is very healthy and I barely eat any sweets. However, I have been noticing very rapid and uncontrollable weight gain over the last 6 to 8 months. My heartbeat tends to slow down and I get some palpitation on a few occasions. I tend to get depressed very frequently. I visited my doctor and was told thyroid count is lower than usual. He put be in a low dose medication, but one of the side effects is hair loss. I am very concerned. I do not like taking or depending on medicines that will trigger other problems. I need to know if there is anything I could do naturally.

Comment from: Brisley, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

I've been experiencing these symptoms – fever, dehydration, rapid heart rate, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, weakness, fever and disorientation. I had the nodules removed last year. I'm on 0.1mg thyroxin and calcium. I feel I'm at a dead end. I can't carry anything heavy. I explained to a doctor from SOPD (specialist out-patient department) that my throat is dry, that I feel like I'm being throttled. The response was it's a healing process.

Thyroid Disorders - Treatment Question: What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what treatments have you received?
Thyroid Disorders - Surgery Question: What type of thyroid disorder did/do you have, and please describe your experience with surgery for the disorder.
Thyroid Disorders - Thyroid Cancer Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid cancer.
Thyroid Disorders - Hypothyroidism Question: Please describe your experience with hypothyroidism.
Thyroid Disorders - Hyperthyroidism Question: Please describe your experience with hyperthyroidism.
Thyroid Disorders - Goiter Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid goiter.
Thyroid Disorders - Nodules Question: Please describe your experience with thyroid nodules.
Thyroid Disorders - Symptoms and Signs Question: What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what were your symptoms and signs?