Patient Comments: Thyroid Blood Tests – Hypothyroidism Diagnosis

What were the results of your thyroid blood tests?

Comment from: Avira9, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I finally found a doctor who would listen. For probably 30 years I have had Hashimoto's disease, and have only just discovered it. Conservative doctors do not order the right blood tests, or hear the word 'fatigue'. My TSH is in the normal range, therefore, end of story. Testing my T4 and T3 was never an option after that, nor was testing for thyroid antibodies. Now I have it in print from the pathology service that high levels of thyroid antibodies are characteristic of Hashimoto's disease. My thyroglobulin antibody is 866 percent higher than normal and the thyroid peroxidase is 97 percent (so just within the normal range). Just find a doctor who will listen; not necessarily an endocrinologist either.

Comment from: lindalou, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

On 5-28-14 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. TSH is 20.76, T4 0.84 and T3-82. May of this year only TSH test done and it is 1.12 now, and that is quite a drop.

Comment from: kathy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

My T3 was 26 and T4 was 9.10. I am on 25 mg of thyroid medication. I can't lose weight and am staying tired all the time. I wonder if my doctor should increase my medicine.

Comment from: Gail, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

My blood tests have been in normal ranges but I have multiple symptoms of hypothyroidism like chronic constipation, chronic cold intolerance that is getting worse, very dry skin, chronic pain from tendonitis, bursitis and now fibromyalgia, insomnia, depression and can gain weight very easily.

Comment from: chante86442, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I am confused about my hypothyroidism, my TSH level is 6.370 and my doctor says that my thyroid level is normal. Meanwhile, my hair doesn't grow, and I am in a lot of pain, and I get hot all the time, even when everyone else is cold. I am a 44 year old female.

Comment from: kumari, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 08

My thyroid blood test results are, T3-0.9, T4-8.2, and TSH- 2.5.

Comment from: priya, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

My thyroid blood test results are T3 94.3ng/dl, T4 7.8, and TSH 0.19.

Comment from: erutan7, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

I have so many symptoms of hypothyroidism. I'm a registered nurse and my doctor will not listen. I have a lump in my throat when swallowing, thyroid can't be palpated. There are furrows from my enlarged tongue; and about 40 more symptoms. I have a shift to left of my t3. My TSH 1.49, T3 2.2, T4 0.8. I cannot control my body temperature. Basal temperatures are 95 in the morning and not stable. I can't deal with all these symptoms. I need a referral to endocrinologist. How do I obtain one when doctor says my thyroid is fine! I have had these symptoms for years. I have been so sick, unable to work.

Thyroid Blood Tests - Why Testing Question: Why did you have thyroid blood tests performed?