Patient Comments: Thyroid Blood Tests – Hypothyroidism Diagnosis

What were the results of your thyroid blood tests?

Comment from: Gail, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

My blood tests have been in normal ranges but I have multiple symptoms of hypothyroidism like chronic constipation, chronic cold intolerance that is getting worse, very dry skin, chronic pain from tendonitis, bursitis and now fibromyalgia, insomnia, depression and can gain weight very easily.

Comment from: chante86442, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I am confused about my hypothyroidism, my TSH level is 6.370 and my doctor says that my thyroid level is normal. Meanwhile, my hair doesn't grow, and I am in a lot of pain, and I get hot all the time, even when everyone else is cold. I am a 44 year old female.

Comment from: erutan7, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

I have so many symptoms of hypothyroidism. I'm a registered nurse and my doctor will not listen. I have a lump in my throat when swallowing, thyroid can't be palpated. There are furrows from my enlarged tongue; and about 40 more symptoms. I have a shift to left of my t3. My TSH 1.49, T3 2.2, T4 0.8. I cannot control my body temperature. Basal temperatures are 95 in the morning and not stable. I can't deal with all these symptoms. I need a referral to endocrinologist. How do I obtain one when doctor says my thyroid is fine! I have had these symptoms for years. I have been so sick, unable to work.

Comment from: Denverbaby24, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I am beyond frustrated! I got lab work done due to my symptoms. I don"t have health insurance so I did a glucose and full thyroid screening. My first levels came back incredibly low, I felt like maybe this was the answer to my weight gain, heart palpitations, breaking out, extreme fatigue. The doctor ordered an ultrasound of my thyroid, and it said I had some minor cysts on the thyroid. I was then told to have blood work done again in 4 weeks. This blood work came back all normal ranges, but they only checked the TSH and T4 unlike the first time. I am to the point that I don"t know what to do anymore, I am at a loss.

Comment from: Rosemary, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

My T4 test came back 0.60 uIU/ml. My thyroid gland was removed surgically in my 20s. My physician just reduced my dosage from 1.0 to 0.88 and I find I"m not doing as well as on a higher dosage. I"ve recently, with diet, lost 30 lb. and this is the second time a doctor has lowered my dosage when I lose weight. Doesn"t seem to understand I don"t feel as well.

Comment from: kumari, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 08

My thyroid blood test results are, T3-0.9, T4-8.2, and TSH- 2.5.

Comment from: priya, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

My thyroid blood test results are T3 94.3ng/dl, T4 7.8, and TSH 0.19.

Comment from: Shailja, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

My T3 is 139 ng/dl, T4 is 11.7 ug/dl and thyroid stimulating hormone TSH is 2.97 uIU/ml, and the testing method for all is CLIA.

Thyroid Blood Tests - Why Testing Question: Why did you have thyroid blood tests performed?