Patient Comments: Thyroid Blood Tests – Hypothyroidism Diagnosis

What were the results of your thyroid blood tests?

Comment from: Pauline, 75 or over Female Published: December 01

Thirty years ago, I went to my doctor because I felt tired, depressed and without energy while there was no reason to feel that way. First, he recommended a psychiatrist. I told him I didn't believe I needed tranquilizers or anti-depressants and that I thought there was physically something wrong. So then he took some thyroid blood tests and found I had hypothyroidism. He put me on Synthroid and all of those symptoms I had complained about never came back. It saved my life!

Comment from: kumari, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 08

My thyroid blood test results are, T3-0.9, T4-8.2, and TSH- 2.5.

Comment from: priya, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

My thyroid blood test results are T3 94.3ng/dl, T4 7.8, and TSH 0.19.

Comment from: T4 test, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 24

My thyroid blood test result is T4 .3 higher than the normal range.

Comment from: raji, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 15

The results of my thyroid blood tests: T-3 is 85, T-4 is 7.10, Free T-3, 2.14, Free T-4, 1.10, and TSH is 6.16.

Comment from: Catbird, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

After two years of severe illness, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid. It has taken two years of gradual increases in my medication to finally get my TSH down to 2. I am now on 250 mcg of Synthroid. This disease is nothing to play with. I honestly felt like I was going crazy, gaining weight, had heart palpitations, chronic pain all over my body, the list goes on and on. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and am now wondering if this is just another symptom of my disease.

Comment from: redeckchick, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I went on for a long time not knowing what was wrong with me I couldn't gain weight and I was really hyper and I couldn't sleep and that's when they finally found out that I have hyperthyroidism. I have been on methimazole now for almost 20 months and the doctor said that it has worked on everybody else and it has not worked on me I have to go back and they are going to use radioactive dye to kill my thyroid. I am only 18 years old and they say it usually doesn't affect people under 20 and i have had it since I was 16.

Comment from: Jane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

My doctor ordered two types of thyroid blood tests because I had gained a lot of weight, despite exercising and diet. I also had very flaky skin, puffy eyes, legs, and hands. I was constantly tired. I could sleep all day if I didn't have to work. The tests revealed I was hypothyroid. I have been on Synthroid for about a month and feel a lot better. I am supposed to have another blood test to assure the level of Synthroid is correct.

Comment from: losing weight, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I will be 57 soon and have been on Synthroid for the past maybe 5 years. I weighed my self this morning and now I weigh 102. I hate this because I look like a skeleton. People have said you look sickly many times. My dose is 88mg. I've started taking half hoping that I'll gain some weight. I started out at 120 and felt great then got sick. My doctor doesn't seem to think my losing weight is a big deal.

Thyroid Blood Tests - Why Testing Question: Why did you have thyroid blood tests performed?