Patient Comments: Thyroid Blood Tests – Hypothyroidism Diagnosis

What were the results of your thyroid blood tests?

Comment from: DJW, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I could tell something was just not right. I have always been a very active person who loves gardening, canning, cooking and house work. This past year I have slowly, but surely slowed down. Everything wears me down. I'm depressed, sleepy, tired and have no stamina. Heart palpations, constipation, and no appetite. I went to the doctor who ordered blood work. She called and said I have hyperthyroidism and will be starting on meds as soon as the pharmacy fills it.

Comment from: Susie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

My doctor has ordered a series of tests. The test you take when you want to know the sex of your baby. Only she used my throat and I saw the picture. I also am to see an endocrinologist in a few weeks. I have been on levothyroxine and my hair is still falling out. Though it's only been a few weeks to soon to tell. I hear you need at least six weeks. I am 56 and my weight is ridiculous. I feel tired all the time can sleep all day into the wee hours. Just a trip 1 block wears me. This is coming from a person who could work a 12 hour day then garden. I pray this med will improve things considerably.

Comment from: 35-44 Female Published: October 06

I have been having symptoms of being very tired, many bowel movements; sometimes loose and frequent. I have sweats get agitated and my period is very weird, I sometimes get it and then I don't. I've lost 25 pounds and don't need to at all. I weigh 113 and am 5'2. My skin is oily also and I'm 44 years old. Never had that problem in my life. My appetite is not good either.

Thyroid Blood Tests - Why Testing Question: Why did you have thyroid blood tests performed?